turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Public land success

Started by rraymond, January 01, 2018, 12:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dejake

Agreed.  The private land I hunt is worse than nearby public.  I usually opt for public.  It's all about where the birds are, and how much disruption there is from other hunters.  I'm fortunate enough that with my public land, I'm not compelled to kill button bucks, hens and jakes.

Happy

Public land is horrible. No one is going to be successful unless they find an exclusive tract of private land. Y'all are crazy.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

quavers59

Deer hunt 1988-- Awesome pics! Bowguy-- there is more pressure in Passaic County. Happy-- go back and read my 1st post! I have never taken a private land turkey! Just very heavily hunted leased gun club lands and Public Lands. Those leased lands- are hit harder then Public because the people who live next to them simply go out their back door and quickly try to take a gobbler fast before a member shows up.  If someone is into hiking year round-- public land is a Awesome place.

quavers59

I wrote a book some years ago on my views of Public Lands. Only book that I broke even on. They are all sold out now. Plenty of Public Land Turkey Hunters out for sure.

Gobble!

Quote from: Happy on January 04, 2018, 08:19:10 AM
Public land is horrible. No one is going to be successful unless they find an exclusive tract of private land. Y'all are crazy.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

I like that attitude. Need more like it in Western MD.

dirtnap