turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Lathe Donation

Started by CMBOSTC, December 24, 2017, 10:19:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CMBOSTC

I recently upgraded from my starter lathe and would like to donate it to someone who is wanting to get into turning calls and needs a friendly nudge to get going. The lathe that I am donating is a Harbor Freight 8 x 12 1/3 HP (https://www.harborfreight.com/power-tools/woodworking/8-inch-x-12-inch-bench-top-wood-lathe-95607.html). The tool rest and tail stock are included, you will need to purchase a chuck system and tools. The lathe is used, but is in fine working order.

The way this will work, this will be done via local pick-up. Meaning, if you are willing to drive to my house in Maryland... it's yours. Please send me a PM telling me why you are interested and that you are serious about getting into turning calls. On 29 Dec. at 1800est I will make my decision and notify the lucky call maker!

Merry Christmas!

Chris
Gobble, Gobble... "BOOM"!

captpete

What a great gesture!!!!  :icon_thumright:

Jeffwhitecustomcalls

What a great opportunity for someone.

Chris O

Very nice, if I lived closer I would be heading your way. I would like to get One to build 1 pc strikers any suggestions for a good bench top for around 300$ to get most of the stuff I need?Where are some places to get different woods and If I cut my own how long for an average dry time? Thanks for any help

CMBOSTC

Quote from: Chris O on December 24, 2017, 03:27:23 PM
Very nice, if I lived closer I would be heading your way. I would like to get One to build 1 pc strikers any suggestions for a good bench top for around 300$ to get most of the stuff I need?Where are some places to get different woods and If I cut my own how long for an average dry time? Thanks for any help

https://www.harborfreight.com/power-tools/woodworking/5-speed-bench-top-wood-lathe-65345.html

I get most of my wood from eBay. Use kiln dried wood. As for air drying time, it will take years. Probably 10 years or better. Save yourself some disappointment and heartache and use kiln dried. Maybe some of the other guys have a method that they use to dry out wood that they wouldn't mind sharing.

Chris O

Thanks Chris I appreciate it

CMBOSTC

mgm1955

CMBOSTC

CMBOSTC

CMBOSTC

The recipient of the donation lathe has been notified, I want to thank everyone who was interested.

Chris
Gobble, Gobble ..."BOOM"!