only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Federal HW 20 ga.

Started by Greg Massey, December 28, 2017, 03:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fullfan

Quote from: Gooserbat on December 30, 2017, 11:03:17 AM
What's electric windows?

In a vehicle, at one time every vehicle came with roll up and down windows, then along came the electric of power windows...

Buds is up tp 19.71 a box now lol
Don't gobble at me...

guesswho

What's electric windows?
Funny.  A friend of mine in Ohio bought an old muscle car.  He took his Son who was about 8 or 10 at the time for a ride in it.  They were riding down the road and my buddy told his Son to put he window down.  He said he looked and couldn't find the button. :TooFunny:
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

silvestris

How dead does a turkey have to be before you can place him over your shoulder and carry him out?
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Greg Massey

Quote from: silvestris on December 30, 2017, 04:53:03 PM
How dead does a turkey have to be before you can place him over your shoulder and carry him out?
I never carry them over my shoulder like people do on the outdoor channel, i don't want blood all over my butt, leg and camo....you be watching to much TV....

owlhoot

Quote from: silvestris on December 30, 2017, 04:53:03 PM
Dead enough so he don't flop around in the vest! No bloody butt!

owlhoot

Quote from: guesswho on December 30, 2017, 03:32:22 PM
What's electric windows?
Funny.  A friend of mine in Ohio bought an old muscle car.  He took his Son who was about 8 or 10 at the time for a ride in it.  They were riding down the road and my buddy told his Son to put he window down.  He said he looked and couldn't find the button. :TooFunny:
Good one lol

Bowguy

Quote from: Gooserbat on December 29, 2017, 10:43:20 PM
Why the fuss.  It's a simple fact that improvments happen.  Tss and it's advantages have passed the Fed HW7 loads.
Not discounting the post by any means. At this point that's at best hopeful speculation unless you've personally tested them.
How many times has some company had " improvements" and discontinued it old stuff only to have you wishing for the old stuff as it was better.
As I sit for instance(not turkey related) hornady muzzleloader sabots sit on the table.
It's been really tough to find the green sabots which in my guns shoot way better than the black, "improved" ones. Now the black "improved" ones are unavailable as they were replaced with new "improved" red ones,
I've searched for the green ones and now have a stockpile.
Until this TSS shell is tested we don't know if it's better. Also TSS, and forgive me if I'm wrong, is commonly loaded under certain states legal size requirements. How do we know the right sizes would even be readily available? Like the 20 ga Longbeard loads of last year. Just not available

3bailey3

I have 5 boxes of the Fed's 7's but just brought 2 boxes of the Apex's tss 9's that I am going to try out before this season starts, I agree sometimes the new stuff is not as good as the older stuff we are using but sometimes something new comes onlong thats life changing, like electric windows, I also disagree with a few of you guys,I love to get some blood on my clothes!

wvnut3

I checked my stash of 20ga fed hw #7. I have 25 boxes and set for quite a while.However i will pick up any i run accross, it is devastating and reasonably priced. I am not opposed to change but just cant let a good thing go. Lee

Tail Feathers

I bought a few boxes yesterday.  I like them.

The commercial TSS loads are new and I can't find any testing on them to speak of.  I know some handloaders get incredible patterns.  A youtube search found nothing but an ad on Apex ammo.

So until the reviews are out and the prices eases up a bit, I'll shoot up my supply of Fed HW.

Old timers unite! :happy0167:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

captpete

I have 5 boxes of HW7 right now and ordered another 5 today. If I run out I will probably switch Hevi's unless the price of TSS isn't through the roof. $20 a box for HW7's is steep enough.

Fullfan

Quote from: Tail Feathers on December 31, 2017, 01:42:49 PM
I bought a few boxes yesterday.  I like them.

The commercial TSS loads are new and I can't find any testing on them to speak of.  I know some handloaders get incredible patterns.  A youtube search found nothing but an ad on Apex ammo.

So until the reviews are out and the prices eases up a bit, I'll shoot up my supply of Fed HW.

Old timers unite! :happy0167:

Last spring after the season I bought a box of 20ga TSS 9 shot from Apxe. I shot them against my hand loaded 20 ga TSS 9 shot. Could not tell much difference.
Don't gobble at me...

buzzardroost

I would just buy from Apex but honestly their shipping charge is what keeps me from doing that. They are high on shipping. Federal should be able to be bought with free shipping from big retailers or in the store, that attracts me to Federal TSS. I'm not understanding why the 20 gauge #9 load shows a lower speed though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sasquatch1

Quote from: buzzardroost on December 31, 2017, 05:05:12 PM
I would just buy from Apex but honestly their shipping charge is what keeps me from doing that. They are high on shipping. Federal should be able to be bought with free shipping from big retailers or in the store, that attracts me to Federal TSS. I'm not understanding why the 20 gauge #9 loaf shows a lower speed though.

Me either, same oz of payload but a lot slower

owlhoot

Quote from: sasquatch1 on December 31, 2017, 05:21:52 PM
Quote from: buzzardroost on December 31, 2017, 05:05:12 PM
I would just buy from Apex but honestly their shipping charge is what keeps me from doing that. They are high on shipping. Federal should be able to be bought with free shipping from big retailers or in the store, that attracts me to Federal TSS. I'm not understanding why the 20 gauge #9 loaf shows a lower speed though.

Me either, same oz of payload but a lot slower

They are the reduced recoil loads I would guess. They have made them before I think?