OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

11-87 issue

Started by buzzardroost, December 24, 2017, 11:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzardroost

I swear if I wasn't conscientious about throwing a problem off on someone else, I would trade this gun away and never look back. Anyway.... shells are hanging up when I try to feed them in from the magazine tube. They hang up like this and have to be forced in to go into the chamber. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fl strutter

What shells and length? Have you cleaned it real good?

Fullfan

By any chance did you take the gun apart then reassemble it ??
Don't gobble at me...

Chris O

Try all above first. At least parts are cheap and readily available if you need to take it to a gunsmith. Maybe just different ammo will help I never had any trouble with mine as long as I kept them magazine tube cleaned and oiled .

buzzardroost

I've cleaned it. Had it apart and put it back together several times following a YouTube video. It's does it with all lengths of shells but is worse with 3.5".

buzzardroost

I've been messing with it again. Something has to be not put together right. It is locking back when trying to feed shells through. My 11-87 20 doesn't do that, it just feeds the shells through as it should. I've took them both apart and compared but can't get it working right. The 20 works great but this 12 just wont even though I could swear I'm assembling them both the same.

Chuck1443

I've had trouble with mine too in the past, mainly low brass. There's a gas seal (sleeve) that has to be place on a certain length shell... 2 3/4 I think and needs to be removed on the other 3 1/2 maybe. Also there's a large o-ring that may be leaking gas. Buy some wolf magazine springs... I keep one just for low brass. Also they like to run dry, real dry.

wvmntnhick

I don't believe his issue is with the gas seal or the ring. He's forcing shells into the rig which has nothing to do with the gas system at all. As for what the problem could be, who knows. I'm betting it's something simple tho. Good luck with it.

Gamblinman

Feed latch may be bent and/or not in position. Gunsmith who is versed in Remington semi-auto shotguns is your best bet.
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

outdoors

TRY ASKING CLARK , HE IS ON THIS THIS FORUM
HE MIGHT BE ABLE TO TROUBLE SHOOT IT FOR U ...
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

backwater

Has it had this problem from day one or did it just start doing this?     

Chuck1443

Quote from: Chuck1443 on December 24, 2017, 07:55:58 PM
I've had trouble with mine too in the past, mainly low brass. There's a gas seal (sleeve) that has to be place on a certain length shell... 2 3/4 I think and needs to be removed on the other 3 1/2 maybe. Also there's a large o-ring that may be leaking gas. Buy some wolf magazine springs... I keep one just for low brass. Also they like to run dry, real dry.

Something else I forgot to mention that happened with mine. I over tightened the magazine cap, which hindered the shell from clambering.

silvestris

Quote from: Gamblinman on December 25, 2017, 12:12:00 AM
Feed latch may be bent and/or not in position. Gunsmith who is versed in Remington semi-auto shotguns is your best bet.

I vote for this one.  That was happening to my 11-87 20 gauge.  A piece was slightly bent.  The gunsmith corrected the problem and all is well.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

buzzardroost

My issue is not having a gunsmith around. Guess I'm just going to have to locate one somewhere

MK M GOBL

You didn't mention if you have a scope on the gun or not, but I have seen some B-Square type mounts on guns put on and make the gun action not work...

MK M GOBL