turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Veterans Day Buck

Started by Ishi, December 21, 2017, 08:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ishi

I was fortunate to get this Iowa buck on Veterans Day. Shot him at 10:15 am. At the time I had 142 hours on stand. The rut this year wasn't the best with very little rutting action seen. Actually I didn't see a lot of deer just a weird year. Many bowhunters reported the same problem.
The buck grossed 149 2/8 with a 15 inch spread. He's not my biggest but he'll look good on the wall. The mount will be a Coombs wall pedestal 9700.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Spirit Lives On

larry9988

Absolutely beautiful. 140 some odd hours on the stand will give you and idea what it takes to get a deer like that with a bow.  TV shows make it seem like it happens every time on the stand, but it is just not that way. It takes  a lot of dedication. Well done.

3bailey3

Awesome deer and with a bow, congrats!!

chadly

Nice buck for sure.  Congrats.  It was a slow rut.  Warm temps probably played a role.  I saw the biggest buck I've seen in 21 year of bow hunting in a piece we both hunt.  I've been wondering if you got him.  Hopefully the shot gun hunters did not get him and one of us will get a crack next year.  Once again congrats on a dandy of a buck.  I will post pictures of mine and my wife's deer soon.  Merry Christmas. 

grayfox

Super nice buck, especially with a bow. When I used to bow hunt any deer with a bow was a trophy to me. Congrats!

Will

very nice buck. Sounds like you earned it. It's nice to know I wasn't the only one thinking the rut was wired this year. Nice Switchback to by the way.   

Swenny

Nice buck, brother!!!!  I'd be awfully proud of him.

Spring Creek Calls

Congratulations,  rarely are bucks of this caliber taken easily.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Happy

Good lookin deer. Congrats

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

suburbhunter

Tail Feathers

Congrats.  He was worth the time in that stand!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Chris O

That's a dandy buck, congrats

husker

Beautiful Buck!  Send a few of those west for your neighbors across the river!  Congrats! 

wvmntnhick

That's a dandy for sure. Makes mine look exceptionally small. But then, that's because it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk