OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Florida Osceola Unguided Hunt

Started by B0SS T0M, December 14, 2017, 08:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B0SS T0M

I am looking for recommendations on an unguided hunt/trespass fee for Florida Osceolas.  I prefer unguided but would still like to get on some productive ground and I would like to take 2 birds.   Please let me know any recommendations and experiences.  Also any places to steer away from would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

outdoors

If you GOTO FISH'N game website
There's info , where to go
I go on public land so the hunting is very hard but can be hunted
It's mostly SWOMP has some hard bottom and pine flats
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

joey46

Go to floridasportsman.com and send a pm to "huntmstr" (be careful several variations of this screen name).  He is a guide that has been around for several years and will point you in the right direction and I believe does guide on some public lands.  All the Osceola ranch operations are $$$$.  Spend a few years in the FL quota system, build up points, and draw a good public land hunt is the best way to go IMO.  Stay south of FL route 50 and you should have a pure Osceola.  Go up around the Swanee River and you will find birds that change from Easterns to Osceolas as they fly back and forth.  Don't ever say "hybrid" in northern Fl.  Very frowned on:o.  Good luck.

ddturkeyhunter

Boss Tom you maybe have the information already what you were looking for. But if this is the first time south you will enjoy the experience. My first year was in 2009, been back five times. First year sent a tent down to a UPS store for pick up, went to a WMA, through the tent on ground and hunted. But in my information search them first years, them southerned boys had me a little worried. Found out there are a few other words they don't take kindly to in the south also. And them PUBLIC hunting spots are so overly crowded, so I no longer blame the florida residents for not liking all them Yankee's comming down. I no longer sleep in a tent on the ground, I have been invited into a camp with a great bunch of hunters. So just becareful what you say at first, you dont want to become gator food. But you will soon find out there are a great bunch of guys down there, and that all YANKEE'S arn't bad.

outdoors

I HUNT PUBLIC LAND , THROUGH THE HOLE SEASON ,  HUNTED REALLY HARD GAME IS VERY EDUCATED, WHEN YOU HARVEST GAME NO MATER WHAT ITS A TROPHY

WHAT I MISS IS THE CAMP GROUNDS USED TO BE FIRST COME NOW ITS A DRAWING FOR THE BEAST SITES , HALF OF THE CAMPSITES , HUNTERS FROM ALL OVER AND THE TALKING ABOUT HUNTING WAS VERY INTERESTING
AND ESPECIALLY DURING ** TURKEY ** WE TRADED STORY. THATS WHAT I MISS , ITS NOT THERE ANYMORE................
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Old Gobbler

Whatever you do , do it as soon as possible,  the bottom is dropping out on Florida turkey hunting as we speak , no joke get your bucket list out of the way real soon

public land hunts harvest 700 turkeys annually and that figure is shrinking each season ...and oh ...half those are hybrids or easterns --

Good year long  private hunting leases in central to south Florida ....if you can find one is 10k, and you have to share a 2 bird limit for spring

Disclaimer. ..I guide for hunts on PRIVATE land ,  and with that said the going rate keeps going up and willing property owners are getting scarcer -I predict that some guided hunts will float around 4,000$ within 5 to 10 years

Do not....under any circumstances pay money to be guided , or semi guided on public property wma's don't do it !!the individuals partaking in this activity are parisites , you can look at the harvest figures .....go do some legwork and if your lucky and get far far away from other hunters you might get one , maybe not the first year , or the second but it's possible ...but as mentioned only 700 a year are harvested off public florida WMA's

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon