OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Snowy Swamp Buck

Started by jblackburn, December 12, 2017, 02:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jblackburn

Had some weird weather last weekend here in south Louisiana. We had over 5 inches of snow in the Baton Rouge area, which is far from the norm.  However, it made for a great time in the deer woods!  I got invited to hunt a buddy's lease near the house and was able to put down my first Louisiana deer. Pretty different hunting that what I grew up with in MO.  I heard him splashing through the swamp as he passed behind the stand.  Far from huge by most terms, but one of the bigger deer they've been getting on camera. There's also not an overabundance of deer in this part of the state.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

chadly

Congrats.  The snow always makes for fun deer hunting. 

outdoors

Wow that's a really nice deer ......
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Spring Creek Calls

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Chris O

Congrats it's not always the size of the deer it's the experience or something unique about the hunt that makes it special. This was the first year that you could use straight walled rifle cartridges in Iowa and my youngest son shot a half rack with a lever action 44 mag and we couldn't be happier. There can be so many first times in hunting so that makes it interesting thanks for sharing.

Happy

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

buzzardroost

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

renegade19

RustySap

surehuntsalot

congrats on a fine looking buck
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Hooksfan

Congrats. I started getting texts from my family, who live near Baton Rouge, around 4 AM in the morning. That is a great buck for that area. I was raised in Livingston Parish and moved to Missouri....reverse of what you have apparently done.

mgm1955

tomstopper

Congrats

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

wvmntnhick

Nothing wrong with that deer man. Congratulations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk