OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tactical stock question

Started by Fox Fire, February 10, 2011, 11:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fox Fire

What are the pros/cons of the tac stocks, they fit you better, kick harder, sights/scope line up correctly, durability, spring recoil reduction worth the extra cash or not, would you buy another one ??

What say you ? any thing good or bad feel free to post up, I love the looks but just curius about function.

shootumindaface

Being one step above a midget I definetely think they fit better... I think that most can benefit from a shorter stock than average when scrunched up against a tree.. I also think the pistol grip reduces recoil by displacing it across different areas.. Plus, the pistol grip is more comfortable for me and seems to handle better on my knee

paladin

exactly...A stotgun stock was ergonomicly designed to be swung through the air following a bird while standing.
That ain't turkey hunting. Scrunched against the tree shooting of you knee changes the grip angle and lenght of pull.
Of my 8 turkey guns, I have one thumbhole and one tactical. these two account for 98% of my turkey hunting.
"have gun-will travel"

Tranz

Like most other things, it's up to you if it works/fits and is worth the money. I'm sure happy with my Steadygrip and wish I could find something for the Beretta.

bunk

I love the feel of my tactical stock. I have it for sale now but only because I've got my eye on a max gobbler. I will always use a pistol grip on my turkey gun.

pullit

I saw a picture of a guy that had a tac type stock on a shotgun. He was shooting it with a scope and was using turkey loads. The stock lock let go and the scope came back and cut him open big time. This was a few years back and I am not saying it was or it was not something he did but I can't get that picture out of my mind.
For now I will stick with a fixed stock.
I do have one stock that has a pistol grip and like it alot. I just ordered a thumbhole stock but will have to play with that one before I decide if I like it.

Fox Fire

I'm curious if the Knoxx ind. recoil reduction gimmic really helps with the kick, it looks good but the only one I've had my hands on was at the gun store and I propped the butt of the stock upon a shelf then pushed the gun down and the stock never gave in the least, if it takes a kick that hard to make it work I dont know if it'll make a lotta difference anyway.

the gun sat on the shelf for sevral months and I guess every body that walked by tinkered with it because the lever thats used to unlock the stock so you can adjust it broke and the stock wouldnt adjust period, so the durability issue is also a question to me.

But I'd still like to have one none the less.