Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

3 DIFFERENT 40YARD.... SUMTOY PATTERNS 60 DEGRESS OUTTA MY MOSSY 835 WITH SCOPE

Started by archery1, April 17, 2011, 06:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

archery1

THESE ARE ALL 40 YARD SHOTS. IN 3" SHELLS, THE WINCHESTER SUPREME , FEDERAL MAG SHOK 5'S AND OTHER WINCHESTER DOUBLE X TURKEY LOADS WERE HORRIBLE AT 40 YARDS SO I DIDNT SAVE ANY PICS. THESE ARE ALL 2 OZ SHOT ALSO.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Take a kid hunting

3" 870 Shell Shucker

I like the Hevi #7's pattern.  250-280 is what I've seen myself with the 3" shell.

beagler

Never Misses

mcgruff1533

Was that Federal pattern shot with the old style wads, or the Flite Control Wads?

cannonball

archery1

Take a kid hunting

Gobble!

R AJ

goblr77

Those are pretty good. Especially considering that all the circles were drawn centered around your POA. Run a 2.25oz #7 through there and see how it does.

archery1

my gun is sighted in.. so i put dot an circle on target before i shoot.. i didnt just draw a circle after i shot.. these were great patterns.. i have shot  3 different choke tubes and the sumtoy choke  threw  the best patterns i got so far . i am not going to mention names of other chokes cause each gun will shoot different. now  did run a bore snake through 2 times after each shot. . i dont have any 3.5" shells as of now. i only see 3.5" shot patterns posted so i thought i would shoot 3" shells and post all the patterns i got from 25 yards and 40 yards for the people who shoot 3" shells. like i said before the winchester supreme , double x, federal flight control mag shok did pretty good at 25 yards but 40 yards was a different story. the hevi shot was deadly at 40 yards and i think will kill past that with the 3" shell. hope these patterns help those that shoot the 3" shells.
Take a kid hunting