turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

question on TrekLite

Started by stilker, February 10, 2011, 11:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stilker

Is Mossy Oak TrekLite loud in the woods?

shootumindaface

Not really.. Can it make noise? Yeah... But as long as you don't walk with a posture like ya got to pee and you move normally working a bird its no noiser than anything else..

runngun

Quiet as a church mouse. Got two sets love it.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

shootumindaface

Quote from: runngun on February 10, 2011, 11:55:38 PM
I too have two sets.. A Break Up set that is like 8 years old with no signs of fading and a OBsession set when they called it APX or something.... Its really good stuff

I am going to try the Ol Tom Duralite this spring for a comparison.

Reloader

I prob have 10 sets. Bought my 1st set in the 90s when it first came out and it still has it's color after 100s of washes. Tough stuff and can not be beat for camo.

It is not noisy at all.  It's nothing like the loud stuff on windbreaker type clothing.

Reloader

stilker

thanks for the info. for some reason i thought it would be windbreaker loud. Ol TOM duralite is quiet but i just want a regular shirt. the ol tom shirt has the spine pad and all the whistles, but i have a vest that has all that. think i'll get a treklite shirt.

CASH

Quote from: shootumindaface on February 10, 2011, 11:59:44 PM
Quote from: runngun on February 10, 2011, 11:55:38 PM
I too have two sets.. A Break Up set that is like 8 years old with no signs of fading and a OBsession set when they called it APX or something.... Its really good stuff

I am going to try the Ol Tom Duralite this spring for a comparison.

I love Ol Tom stuff, but the Duralite has a shine to it.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

PALongspur

I've been wearing Treklite for years now and I absolutely love the stuff. You won't have a problem with noise.

Solid Snake

Where's the best place to buy TrekLite?

turkey_slayer

Mines about 6 years old and its quiet and still looks like new.  TIP:  Do not wear it alone unless its above 60 or you will freeze your you know what off if theres just the slightest breeze.  Dries super fast also. I love it.

shootumindaface

Quote from: turkey_slayer on February 11, 2011, 04:00:24 PM
Mines about 6 years old and its quiet and still looks like new.  TIP:  Do not wear it alone unless its above 60 or you will freeze your you know what off if theres just the slightest breeze.  Dries super fast also. I love it.
LOL I wore it once in SD and it said it was gonna be 55 or 60 that day.. I failed to look at the low 8.. There is a great story that details this hunt but my GF would have to tell it.. I just cant do it justice

turkey_slayer

Quote from: shootumindaface on February 11, 2011, 04:31:36 PM
Quote from: turkey_slayer on February 11, 2011, 04:00:24 PM
LOL I wore it once in SD and it said it was gonna be 55 or 60 that day.. I failed to look at the low 8.. There is a great story that details this hunt but my GF would have to tell it.. I just cant do it justice

I wore it ONCE on a 30 degree morning and thought I was going to freeze to death!  Did your GF tell you it was a little cold that morning  :TooFunny:

Spurs

I never bought any when they had it in breakup and I just don't like obsession or what ever that grass crap is.  I really wish they would get it in treestand or bottomland. 
This year is going to suck!!!

BamaStrut

Quote from: PALongspur on February 11, 2011, 08:38:46 AM
I've been wearing Treklite for years now and I absolutely love the stuff. You won't have a problem with noise.

X2.

TANK

Quote from: shootumindaface on February 10, 2011, 11:53:51 PM
Not really.. Can it make noise? Yeah... But as long as you don't walk with a posture like ya got to pee and you move normally working a bird its no noiser than anything else..
:TooFunny: