OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Paul Butsky glass call

Started by mtns2hunt, August 11, 2017, 06:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtns2hunt

Purchased a signd call off ebay made by Paul Butsky. Has been my go to call for awile despite having other custom made calls. Thought I would try some other combination of calls. However, seems like this Butsky guy has gone full commercial and probably does not even make his own calls any more. Anone know anything about him.  Really would like a good aluminum call or perhaps copper for a different sound.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

doublespurs21

what makes you think that he doesn't make his own turkey calls,,, ????

outdoors

Mike TOLD ME HES NOT TAKING ORDERS .........
HES MAKING A FEW AT A TIME AND SELLING THOSE ....
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

mtns2hunt

Quote from: doublespurs21 on August 11, 2017, 07:14:35 PM
what makes you think that he doesn't make his own turkey calls,,, ????

As I stated he is clearly very commercial and I have only been able to find links to his many seminars, magazine article's, video's, you name it he has his name on it. Where would he find the time to make a turkey call. He is running an empire. I think I must have stumbled across one of his earlier creations. That's why I posted on here is to find if anyone can tell me where to order one of his calls. But on second thought I may not buy another because he probably has someone else manufacturing the calls and he just signed off on it. In fact even his company Maestro is a division of GSM Outdoors. Learn more about their brands at www.gsmoutdoors.com.

I will probably be much better off buying a custom call from one of the guys on this post. Although they do seem to have a large back log.

http://www.gsmoutdoors.com/walkers/pro-staff-paul-butski/

perrytrails

Paul had a seminar here in Se Ohio back in 1993.

He had one small table with a box of pots (double glass and walnut) and hickory strikers in another.

He ran 4 or 5 pots, picked one he liked and went through 4 or 5 strikers.

Signed the back and sold it to me for $20. Has been deadly on birds all these years.

Friends asked over and over to buy it from me, no way.

I did eventually give it to my brother. It's still bringing in birds to this day.

Chris O

Quote from: perrytrails on August 12, 2017, 08:56:28 AM

He had one small table with a box of pots (double glass and walnut) and hickory strikers in another.

Signed the back and sold it to me for $20. Has been deadly on birds all these years.

I did eventually give it to my brother. It's still bringing in birds to this day.
Neat Story when I was a kid I went to some sports show and watched Ray Eye do a seminar all I remember about it was how well his natural voice was at sounding like a turkey his yelps and gobbles were awesome. You could tell he spent some time perfecting it.Wish I was older when I went so I could remember more.Perrytrails I would have kept that call just to tease everyone.

mtns2hunt

Quote from: perrytrails on August 12, 2017, 08:56:28 AM

I know he makes an awesome call or did. Its just frustrating not to be able to readily find him online. Instead I find him involved in all kinds of commercial endevors and its highly unlikey he has time to make calls.

The call I have that is signed by him is awesome. It sounds great and the turkeys really like it. I have turkeys in back of my house and call to them frequently. Of the 4 pots I use: the Butsky call gets the best response. Most strikers work well with this call but Black Locust is outstanding.

I am sure that their are a great many excellent call makers on here. However, its tough to find such a good call that produces from one maker and not be able to get similar variations from him. I do think I will attempt to contact him through one of his commercial endevors. Maybe he has another box of pots set off to the side. LOL

I liked your story: I purchased my Butski call off ebay four about 40 I think.  After using it I would have paid 3 or 4 times that for it.

SteelerFan

If memory serves me, I believe once upon a time Paul was part of the Quaker Boy clan. I remember meeting him back in the very early 80's... and he was just then leaving Dick Kirby to venture out on his own with Butski's Game Calls. He did have some box calls, diaphragms, pots, etc.

I do not know for certain - but I would highly doubt Paul is churning up the sawdust these days.

perrytrails

Paul is involved with the Walmart boys and the turkey thug clan. Love every show I've seen.

Would love to pick the mans brain about hunting turkey over a camp fire.

I'd bet you would rank him in the top 5 turkey hunters alive today. Along with Ray Eye I don't believe you could find better. With all do respect.

North of 8

Those Butsky calls made back then were actually designed by Mike Battey.