OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Been waiting on this to show up ...

Started by davisd9, June 27, 2017, 04:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

Found this gem the other day and have been waiting on its arrival! Look forward to getting a start on it here soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Double B

Followed by buzzards

Greg Massey

Nice book , you will have to share some of the highlights ......

SteelerFan

Now you've done it... you'll have to give a book report to the class!

1iagobblergetter

slicksbeagles1

davis9 is that a first addition? Nice book in great condition.

davisd9

Quote from: slicksbeagles1 on June 28, 2017, 12:06:33 PM

No sir, did not have as much luck on it as I did Ben Lee's book. It is a 1984 reprint, but I got it for a great price.

Already have skimmed through it as I am currently reading America, Wild Turkeys, and Mongrel Dogs by Kenny Morgan. It will be a fun read as I recognize many of the places he is talking about, some are my stomping grounds.

Going to pick up a Lovett Williams book from Mr. Casada tomorrow. Got the offseason planned out!

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

trkehunr93

Well done Donald, we'll all expect an essay by the end of the semester.

mgm1955

quavers59

Hopefully one day, I can buy that book as well. I just ordered OTHA BARHAMS  new Spring Turkey Hunting book. Hope to get that next week. I know the American Wild Turkey by Davis is very expensive. I also order from Jim Casada from time to time. Good place to check for old and new turkey books.

quavers59

When I got my copy of the GREATEST MOMENTS OF MY LIFE by JACK DUDLEY- Jim Casada put Otha Barhams card in the book. He knew Dudley well and I can't wait to get Spring Beconings.  He lives in Meridian MS . I also have both of Gene Nunnery's books. One day, I want to Spring turkey hunt in that area of Mississippi.

quavers59

Hopefully my own 3 turkey hunting books will be worth some money one day. My print runs for each was less then 250 and I am sold out of one and the other 2 are getting low fast.

davisd9

Quote from: quavers59 on June 30, 2017, 12:56:08 PM
Hopefully one day, I can buy that book as well. I just ordered OTHA BARHAMS  new Spring Turkey Hunting book. Hope to get that next week. I know the American Wild Turkey by Davis is very expensive. I also order from Jim Casada from time to time. Good place to check for old and new turkey books.

I am fortunate that Mr. Casada lives about 10 minutes from me. I was able to swing by to pick up my book and enjoy a short conversation before he had to take off for more important responsibilities.

silvestris

Quote from: davisd9 on June 28, 2017, 08:06:35 PM
Quote from: slicksbeagles1 on June 28, 2017, 12:06:33 PM

No sir, did not have as much luck on it as I did Ben Lee's book. It is a 1984 reprint, but I got it for a great price.

Already have skimmed through it as I am currently reading America, Wild Turkeys, and Mongrel Dogs by Kenny Morgan. It will be a fun read as I recognize many of the places he is talking about, some are my stomping grounds.

The Florida parishes were a wonderful area in the 70s and 80s.  Damned chainsaws.  So miss my friend.  He knew how to hunt them the right way.

Going to pick up a Lovett Williams book from Mr. Casada tomorrow. Got the offseason planned out!

"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Cove

Quote from: davisd9 on June 30, 2017, 01:08:06 PM
Quote from: quavers59 on June 30, 2017, 12:56:08 PM

I am fortunate that Mr. Casada lives about 10 minutes from me. I was able to swing by to pick up my book and enjoy a short conversation before he had to take off for more important responsibilities.

Just received this book from Mr Casada last week.