Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

i am now an officially spoiled 20 gauge shooter!!

Started by mightyjoeyoung, April 13, 2011, 09:10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightyjoeyoung

I received my nephew's new 20" barrel from redarrow today!  Thank you redarrow!  If this forum had a feedback sticky, you'd be getting 5 stars!  Anyways, I also received his new knoxx collapsable stock today so after super cleaning and polishing the barrel, I put her all together and screwed a jellyhead .570 choke into the buisiness end and went to try her out.  Don't have the synthetic foregrip or the red dot sight on yet but the gun is now so much more trim and compact than when she wore a 28" bbl and the stock wood furniture.  At 20 yards the poa was exactly the same as the poi.  Great start right there!  The patterns?  Cheap wal mart rem. nitro #5s produced a beautiful 15" pattern at 20 yrds with NO holes at all.  30 yards was just as impressive with 100% in a 30 circle and 15 kill hits on a federal xray target. Then I stoked her with some #6 heavy shots from Dunn's.  WOW is all I can say!  20 yard pattern was rediculous!  Perfect, dense, even pattern with ZERO holes and the 30 yards pattern was 100% inside 24" with 28 kill hits on the Xray target!  The really good part?  NO PUNISHING RECOIL...at all!  I have no doubt that a gobbler at 40 yards or less is as good as in the bag!   My nephew may never get his gun back!! :z-winnersmiley:
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

surehuntsalot

:icon_thumright:

that's what I like to hear
with today's ammo and chokes,there is no reason to go back to a 12ga
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

redarrow

I am truly tickled silly for you. NOW!!!! give that boy back his gun. :whip2:

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: redarrow on April 14, 2011, 12:30:53 PM
I am truly tickled silly for you. NOW!!!! give that boy back his gun. :whip2:

I even offered him my !2 gauge 870, 2 barrels, 2 stocks and some cash and he still said NO???!!! :begging:
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!