OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

3" glass

Started by howl, June 13, 2017, 06:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

howl

Who makes a 3" double glass call besides H.S. Strut?

zsully

Dean "Redbeard" from MadHatter calls makes 3" pots.   He's a real good salt of the earth kind of guy.  There's some pictures of his 3" pots on his website but it looks like they're all spoken for.   I'm sure he would build something that you would like.  He made me a slate earlier this year.

West Augusta

Glen Marrer also makes a very good 3" glass call.

http://www.glenscalls.com/index.html
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Terry

I second Glen Marrer.  I bought his zebrawood double glass after reading Steve's recommendation and it's a killer call. It's got sweet rasp and a awesome back end.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

crenshawco

Quote from: Terry on June 13, 2017, 09:25:12 PM
I second Glen Marrer.  I bought his zebrawood double glass after reading Steve's recommendation and it's a killer call. It's got sweet rasp and a awesome back end.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I did too. It's supposed to be here this week and I can't wait to get it

Wvgobbler

How long is Glen's wait list to get a call from him?

crenshawco

About 3 weeks if mine shows up this week. He has been outstanding as far as communication goes. I heard from him last week when he let me know a family matter came up and it would be about a week late. He seems like a great guy

jed clampett

I have a dozen Marrer pots ...all sound great!!

Wvgobbler

Quote from: crenshawco on June 13, 2017, 10:19:45 PM
About 3 weeks if mine shows up this week. He has been outstanding as far as communication goes. I heard from him last week when he let me know a family matter came up and it would be about a week late. He seems like a great guy
.  Thank you sir.

howl

Thanks for the recommendations. What diameter are y'all getting the glass/glass zebrawood?

West Augusta

I prefer his 3". I've got several of his glass over glass,  anodized aluminum and slates in that size.  Been the demise of many gobblers.  They look great also.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

howl

Thanks. I think I'll ask for 3" glass/glass in either osage or zebra depending on what he says.

outdoors

Quote from: West Augusta on June 17, 2017, 11:37:00 AM
I prefer his 3". I've got several of his glass over glass,  anodized aluminum and slates in that size.  Been the demise of many gobblers.  They look great also.
STEVE  IS THERE TWO CALL MAKERS BY THIS NAME  GLEN MARRER
BECOUSE I TALKED TO HIM AND HE SAID HE DOES NOT MAKE A 3" GLASS  A 3 1/2"
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

West Augusta

Quote from: outdoors on June 17, 2017, 12:53:00 PM
Quote from: West Augusta on June 17, 2017, 11:37:00 AM
STEVE  IS THERE TWO CALL MAKERS BY THIS NAME  GLEN MARRER
BECOUSE I TALKED TO HIM AND HE SAID HE DOES NOT MAKE A 3" GLASS  A 3 1/2"
I'll measure mine tomorrow but I think it's 3"  The front page of his web site says that he does. 

yelpy

Mike Yingling makes a sweet sounding 3 1/4".