turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Super Black Eagle 2 vs 3

Started by WVhuntEER, June 07, 2017, 01:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Not a fan of the sbe for a turkey gun due to many issues already mentioned in this thread: notorious poa/poi problems, the bolt can easily come out of battery, narrow bore can be an obstacle to high density patterns (not impossible to achieve but harder).

To me, it's an uphill battle with an SBE to convert it into a high performance turkey gun which is further validated by the sheer number of guys I know running them that had to get optics.

If I was getting one, though, I'd get the SBE2.  Cosmetically, I love the sleek, European lines.

stinkpickle

Supposedly, the new SBE III has the same "Benelli click" fix that's being used in the Ethos, so that's a MAJOR ADVANTAGE over the SBE II when used as a turkey gun.  It's also lighter....actually, it's even lighter than a similar M2.  I handled an SBE II, SBE III, and an M2 last week.  The M2 "feels" just a hair better to me than the other guns, but all three are fantastic.  However, both SBE models come with drilled and tapped receivers from the factory.

Dtrkyman

Love my 2...function is flawless...no poi/poa issue...patterns any turkey load I've tried sufficiently enough to kill birds to 40 even junk Rem nitro turkey with all the buffer leaking out...It handles like a 20ga and fits me well...primarily a waterfowl gun for me but has taken its share of gobblers!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1iagobblergetter

Anyone know if the M2s have the same poa/poi or similar issues some of the Sbes have. Also curious if the barrel diameter is the same or larger ..maybe a better route to go imo...

stinkpickle

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on June 10, 2017, 02:44:33 PM
Anyone know if the M2s have the same poa/poi or similar issues some of the Sbes have. Also curious if the barrel diameter is the same or larger ..maybe a better route to go imo...

I'm guessing the bores are the same, because they appear to use the same Crio chokes. 

VaTuRkStOmPeR

They do have a lot of the same issues which are largely derived from magazine tube misalignment w the receiver. A gun smith and famous 3 gun Benelli shooter named Kurt Miller developed a gauge that several reputable 3 gun shops now use to resolve the issues w the M2.

There is a lot of literature available on this matter on brianenos.com if you want to learn more.

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on June 10, 2017, 03:28:25 PM
They do have a lot of the same issues which are largely derived from magazine tube misalignment w the receiver. A gun smith and famous 3 gun Benelli shooter named Kurt Miller developed a gauge that several reputable 3 gun shops now use to resolve the issues w the M2.

There is a lot of literature available on this matter on brianenos.com if you want to learn more.
Quote from: stinkpickle on June 10, 2017, 02:49:08 PM
Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on June 10, 2017, 02:44:33 PM

I'm guessing the bores are the same, because they appear to use the same Crio chokes.
Appreciate it...I use to research alot of the Sbe issues,but don't know very much on the M2s and my son wants one. I'll check that site out. Thanks..

WNCTracker

Man I LOVE my SBE3. It shoulders so well. I looked at SBE2's for a long time and came into a position to finally buy one this year but with the 3 being out I figured why buy old styles when I could buy the most recent release. No regrets. Killed a few birds this year and enjoyed every shot. Recoil is tolerable at the range too. Here's my 40 yd 3" LB 6's pattern with .660 sumtoy choke.......... This is my "turkey gun" 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WVhuntEER

Do all Benelli shotguns use the same barrel?  If so, it should pattern similar to my Supernova?   If it does and I can get the same pattern in an auto I would be really happy.