turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Super Black Eagle 2 vs 3

Started by WVhuntEER, June 07, 2017, 01:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WVhuntEER

I am thinking about buying a new gun for next year.  Has anyone handled a Super Black Eagle 3?   I have wanted a 2 for years and now this has made my choice tougher. 

Bowguy

I'm not per se a Benelli guy. Only have a couple but just write them the differences. I know they've gotten more "plastic" parts in em from my understanding, least that's what I was told the dif was M1 n M2.
I'll stay old school n to me more rugged, I certainly could be wrong but I'd write Benelli

davisd9

If it is just for turkey hunting and you absolutely want a Benelli then get a Nova or Super Nova.  If you want an auto turkey gun then look at Winchester, Mossberg, Weatherby, etc. Good luck.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Farmboy27

You might end up paying a heck of a lot for a name!  I wanted a sbe2 for years and when I finally got one it was a huge disappointment.

mtns2hunt

Quote from: Farmboy27 on June 07, 2017, 05:40:13 PM
You might end up paying a heck of a lot for a name!  I wanted a sbe2 for years and when I finally got one it was a huge disappointment.

Agreed, mine warms the gun cabinett. I use it for dove hunting, may try it for ducks, but overall found it of little use. I had no confidence in it since it failed to fire once. Currently use a BPS Browning that never fails to work right. Not 100% sure why I hold onto it: probably because its light but kicks like crazy when using 3.5 inch shells.

I would recommend that you try out the two guns at a range if possible. May even be able to rent them. Just my 2 cents.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

sixbird

Never handled a SBE III but in my opinion, SBE II is the gun all other semi's are measured against. To be honest, I'm surprised that the previous posters have such a negative attitude about them. Mine has operated almost flawlessly since I bought it when they first came out. The only times it didn't operate perfectly was when the recoil spring needed replacing and one other time when I reassembled it incorrectly (that certainly wasn't the gun's fault). Very little maintenance required...I wouldn't own any other semi auto that's made at this time aside from a Browning A-5 and I'd have to think long and hard about that since there are a few design flaws in that gun...

Greg Massey

Mine stays in the safe..i take my little Remington 870 - 20 gauge...

spaightlabs

Quote from: mtns2hunt on June 07, 2017, 06:08:16 PM
Quote from: Farmboy27 on June 07, 2017, 05:40:13 PM

Agreed, mine warms the gun cabinett. I use it for dove hunting, may try it for ducks, but overall found it of little use. I had no confidence in it since it failed to fire once. Currently use a BPS Browning that never fails to work right. Not 100% sure why I hold onto it: probably because its light but kicks like crazy when using 3.5 inch shells.

I would recommend that you try out the two guns at a range if possible. May even be able to rent them. Just my 2 cents.

I'll give you $150 for it as a favor to open up some room in your safe.

No need to thank me.

spaightlabs

Quote from: Greg Massey on June 07, 2017, 07:27:11 PM

Same offer, from one Greg to another, might as well free up some room.

davisd9

Quote from: sixbird on June 07, 2017, 07:21:13 PM
Never handled a SBE III but in my opinion, SBE II is the gun all other semi's are measured against. To be honest, I'm surprised that the previous posters have such a negative attitude about them. Mine has operated almost flawlessly since I bought it when they first came out. The only times it didn't operate perfectly was when the recoil spring needed replacing and one other time when I reassembled it incorrectly (that certainly wasn't the gun's fault). Very little maintenance required...I wouldn't own any other semi auto that's made at this time aside from a Browning A-5 and I'd have to think long and hard about that since there are a few design flaws in that gun...

For wing shooting I agree with you, but they are not a turkey gun and it should not take as much to try and make a turkey gun out of one with their price tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

spaightlabs

Quote from: davisd9 on June 07, 2017, 08:07:47 PM

For wing shooting I agree with you, but they are not a turkey gun and it should not take as much to try and make a turkey gun out of one with their price tag.

What separates a turkey gun from a wingshooting gun?

Farmboy27

Quote from: spaightlabs on June 07, 2017, 08:26:58 PM

What separates a turkey gun from a wingshooting gun?
Lots!! 

spaightlabs

Well heck.  I've been using my wingshooting guns all wrong I guess...there are a few dozen turkeys that must have been very disappointed to have been taken by a wingshooting gun.

I can turn my teal gun into a duck, into a goose gun, into a turkey gun by changing choke tubes and loads.

Greg Massey

Quote from: spaightlabs on June 07, 2017, 07:54:37 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on June 07, 2017, 07:27:11 PM

Same offer, from one Greg to another, might as well free up some room.
I don't trade or sale any of my guns. I buy them for investments...  but thanks for the offer...

crenshawco

Yep, great duck gun, sorry turkey gun.