OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Call collecting....Am I crazy?

Started by VanHelden Game Calls, April 13, 2011, 12:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCBigShot

Quote from: West Augusta on April 14, 2011, 08:32:28 AM
I blame NCBigShot for my addiction.  :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

....Maybe I need to put "caution tape" around my posts.... :TooFunny:

..Pappy, you're 100% spot-on... How else would a call maker evolve without experimentation?...and for the collector, these "experimental" calls sometimes are the most treasured... I have some of your early calls, Pappy.... They enjoy good company with many other call maker's works in my cabinet. :)
When the Dogwood is white, the time is right...

pappy

NC I hope you got 'em in brown paper bags...lol..lol
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Wolfpack

I started out looking for a better mouse trap, then over time I realized
that I had a collection, didn't plan to be a collector. I remember my first
Larmar Williams box. I bought it from a guy and figured I would sell it once
I got one from Lamar, now five calls later I still can't part with that first box
or any other call for that matter.
I generally hunt with my calls or Dad's, but will pull a call off the shelf
occasionally. Have I been blessed or cursed?
Dewey

misfire

I have a fairly decent collection, most of which I obtained with trades with fellow callmakers. Kind of like Mr. Jack expressed, I like to see what others put into their work and I am proud to display them
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

cfrye11

Quote from: bowhunter84 on April 13, 2011, 09:06:33 PM
i dont have a call that i wont carry to the woods

me either.....i have worn the signatures off some of my most precious calls ....

Quote from: Trevor2 on April 13, 2011, 07:20:47 PM
I'm on the fence on this subject, which is y I have yet to purchase a custom pot call. I look at it like this, they took the time and craftsmanship to make it to the best of their ability to call in turkeys, and as beautiful as they may be, thats their purpose, but I also dont wanna take something that gorgeous out in the woods either. But, in respect for the call maker, it would be hard not to at least call one bird in with it. lol I have a dilema

I guarantee you that there is not a call maker on this board that would make you a call and feel any disrespect if you put it on the shelf or if you drop it crossing a creek trying to kill a big gobbler.

Quote from: madarchery on April 14, 2011, 09:09:24 AM
NCbigshot.  I have.  And I love learning about them.  Then I want them.  So I try to start up another collection.  Then I revert back and get rid of them.  Seems in my core I can't have unused clutter.  Only items I keep are those with really special meaning. Not just because its a great item and looks pretty.

I really want to change.  Maybe I should lock them up out of sight.  Then I would not have the urge to clean up :-\

Well it seems I am an odd duck on this forum :TooFunny:

I don't think you are you buy it enjoy it. and when you have finished you send it on to another to enjoy. so you can enjoy another.

GSLAM95

Call collection is just a man's equalization answer to the wifes shoe and dress shopping, the only difference is our investment still has value years later. :laugh:

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.