turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Another Hevi #13 testimonial

Started by SpringFever, April 12, 2011, 10:42:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpringFever

Finally after hours of reading and months of going through posts on this site, I decided to order a couple boxes of H13. I got one box of 3.5" # 6's and another of #7's. I also had a box of Winchester Supreme Elites 3.5" #6's.

I shoot the mossy 535 w/20" barrel and started with it polished (well at least I tried to polish it anyways). The first 5 or 6 shots were just cheap #7 lead loads at about 15 yards to get my red dot half way sighted in. Then I ran a cloth and hopps through the barrel.

My next shot was at 40 yards with h13 7's and got a whopping 298!! I woulda been happy with anything around 200. My next shot was same distance same shell and got 288. Then I switched to the Elites #6's and got 188 and 192. The h13 #6's were in the low 200's.

Tried both a ssx choke and a carlsons choke. The winning combo is my .643 ssx choke with H13 #7! With a cleaned choke and a cleaned barrel I bet I could push over 300. But wow, just like ive been reading post after post, h13  7s have fully lived up to the hype. Thanks OG!! Cant wait for Nebraska next week!

ILIKEHEVI-13

:z-guntootsmiley:

Those SSX chokes seem to show out in a lot of guns regardless of where they are made just so I can throw that out before somone else does.  They are a good choke.  And they shoot well most of the times it seems. 

hookedspur

:icon_thumright: every gun is a little different but H13 or Nitros will make them all better !!!
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

turkey slayer

Quote from: hookedspur on April 12, 2011, 11:11:18 PM
:icon_thumright: every gun is a little different but H13 or Nitros will make them all better !!!
I agree you can't go wrong either way.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Speaking of Tru-Glo SSX chokes, here was the very first shot from mine on a cool day.  That choke will shoot now. 

bbcoach

SpringFever,
You have seen the results on paper but just wait until you put that Red Dot on Ole Three Toes head and neck and squeeze the trigger.  If you do your job, the Hevi 7's will definitely put the SMACKDOWN on your bird.

Best of Luck in Nebraska and Welcome to the Hevi 7 Club!!!!

Gobble!

Quote from: bbcoach on April 13, 2011, 06:59:47 AM
SpringFever,
You have seen the results on paper but just wait until you put that Red Dot on Ole Three Toes head and neck and squeeze the trigger.  If you do your job, the Hevi 7's will definitely put the SMACKDOWN on your bird.

Best of Luck in Nebraska and Welcome to the Hevi 7 Club!!!!

:icon_thumright:

spur collector

goblr77

That will work. Glad you are happy with your rig.

cannonball

That will put a hurting on a gobbler. :z-guntootsmiley:

BOFF

knotheadedfool

i've got an 1187 and a mossberg 500 that both LOVE that ssx.  I'm actually shooting a jellyhead right now in the 1187 because its almost too tight with the ssx.  But there is NO doubt that the ssx shoots a tighter pattern.  Clark turned me on to that choke a few years ago and I was reluctant, but  both of my guns are just HAMMERS with that choke and the hevi 7's

SpringFever

The lot numbers on the shells I have are in the 500's in case anyone was wondering.