OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hevi 13 #7

Started by donjuan, May 22, 2017, 02:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donjuan

There's been some questions on how well hevi13 #7 penetrates.  I had some 3 inch 1 1/4 oz #7 in my 1187 for my nephew.  He pulled the shot and filled the bird from nose to toes with pellets at 32 steps.  The result?  A broken neck, 2 broken legs, one broken wing, one side of the breast pretty well ruined and the shot penetrated into the chest.
I'm not saying these will outdo something like tss or the fed 7, but they will work.
I did learn that a forgiving pattern can be a blessing and a curse!  :TrainWreck1:
Whoever said you can't kill em from the couch never was good enough to call a gobbler into the living room

Greg Massey

i shoot and use both Hevi-7 and the federal Hw 6 and 7

SumToy

That shell and the Federal are both very good shells.  You get a good choke (few to pick from that work well) and they are SOLID 40 yard shells.   
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA