turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

WTB/WTT: Doug Camp Callers Unfair Advantage Box Call

Started by ncwoodsman, June 02, 2017, 08:49:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncwoodsman

I'm looking to buy one of his older vintage short box calls. I would be willing to trade my David Holloran Parquet Checkered Short Box and add boot if necessary. I am not interested in selling the Holloran box at this time, just trade for now. Pm me if you have one you would sell or trade.

Yelper

The same guy still makes all the camp caller box calls that made them for Doug.

www.campcallers.com/

Doug Camp was born and raised in Eastaboga, AL. He was not only a great turkey hunter but he also was a really good baseball player. He received a baseball scholarship to Jacksonville State University where he played all through college for the great baseball coach, Rudy Abbott. Doug was one of those guys that was good at everything he did. In the early 80s he resigned from his teaching job at Munford High School and started a turkey hunting and fishing guide service he ran out of his home. After a few years of doing that he started working with a local call maker. In about 1990 he left and started his own game call business. He contracted with Donnie Gallahar to build his box callers and he soon gained the reputation of having the best box callers made.

ncwoodsman

I've got several of Doug's calls he made before he got sick and passed. I'm looking for one he made and signed years ago (vintage) like I already have and use every season. His box call was the first custom call I ever purchased 20 some years ago.

Very interested story regarding his life, thanks for sharing.