OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

870 turkey gun build

Started by TJK68, May 18, 2017, 01:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJK68

I bought an older 870 youth express magnum model in excellant shape with wood stock. I polished the barrel, SSX choke, Truglo  Pro-zseries Magnum Gobble Dot sights, Phoenix Tech stock and forearm, Claw sling, and a coat of brown camo paint and sealer. Going to shoot #7 Federal Heavyweights I think. Love it so far, posted pics in 20 ga pattern section. Shooting pretty good. Only thing i might add is a graphics kit from Mossy Oak. Now only a year to wait to kill one with it. Read a lot of good info on here thanks.
Tom

CrustyRusty

A bit off topic, but I am left handed.  Can you reach the safety with your thumb if you hold it lefty?  Looks good btw, am thinking of adding the pistol grip to my gun and was wondering.  Thanks

yelpaholic

thanks for the px an info i have the same gun been trying to decide which stock to go with the shurshot or phoenix or a knoxx if i can find one ..

TJK68

Quote from: CrustyRusty on May 18, 2017, 01:16:36 PM
A bit off topic, but I am left handed.  Can you reach the safety with your thumb if you hold it lefty?  Looks good btw, am thinking of adding the pistol grip to my gun and was wondering.  Thanks

I don't think it will matter right or lefty, the way it is made, can't really reach it with thumb on either hand....

SteelerFan

shedhunta

Looks nice.  Killed two with my 20 this yest and same load.  You will like it.

TJK68

Added my Mossy Oak graphics today....

Phire Phite

Nice. I liked the brown too, but the boots set it off with the new graphics.