turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I did it with the 835.

Started by SumToy, April 12, 2011, 08:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SumToy

Ok I have been trying to get over 300 at my shop and just got it.  I have been 260 to 290 with most all guns.  I mail them out and yall get over 300.  I got to kicking a few things around today and came up with a new lay out on the inside.  It put 309 at 40 in a cross wind and temp was 80.  The time of day was good.  I am going to try it in the AM or about hour before dark.   If this turns out like the rest of the chokes this one should show out when it get in the hands of you guys that tune your barrels.  

[attachment deleted by admin]
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Britton40

cannonball

SumToy

This was the 675.   I may play some to see but not want to do alot until it is shot in a diffrent place then our test rang. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

BigPeck215

i'm assuming this was with the 3.5" 7's and not the 3"

SumToy

Quote from: BigPeck215 on April 12, 2011, 10:10:31 PM
i'm assuming this was with the 3.5" 7's and not the 3"

Yes it was.    I will try a 3 inch in it.  I am going to see if we can go smaller with the 3 inch.  I think this set up is just about on the fine line.  I know this choke lay out picked up around 30 shot in the 10 over the other lay out.  Both are 675. 

BigPeck215

thats a smoking pattern with the 3.5" i wouldn't be surprised if the 3" gave you 280's

ILIKEHEVI-13

Ok I want one!   :z-winnersmiley:

That's a very super even pattern throughout the 10".  

I would like to see that in a .670 William.  Then let's see the pattern.  I honestly think the .670 may even be better. 

S.C.C

Mossy517

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on April 12, 2011, 10:52:12 PM
Ok I want one!   :z-winnersmiley:

That's a very super even pattern throughout the 10".  

I would like to see that in a .670 William.  Then let's see the pattern.  I honestly think the .670 may even be better. 

Based off of what? He said that he changed the internals and from what you say about the StarDot, you wanted a 2.5" parallel and an ED of around .676. I am not trying to be a smart A$$ I'm just trying to figure out what you are really looking for, what will satisfy you? Please don't take this the wrong way, I am just trying to learn myself!

As far as the chokes go, William has been listening to everyones opinions and is now showing us the proof of what he can do. I know from just shooting the choke that I had the pleasure of testing that the pattern with the old and new #7s have pleased not only me but a few that I shared the patterns with, on and off the forum, and those guys have contacted William. I may have to pick up on of these "new" chokes if they are going to put up good numbers with the new #7s, I wonder what it looks like with the 300325-326 lot?
HuntingPA... Lacaster, York, Perry and Centre counties

goblr77

William, looks like you hit the nail on the head with this one. My birthday is coming up soon so my wife might have to order one of those chokes for me.

:z-bdayparty:

archery1

HEY GUYS.. GOT ONE OF THESE .675 CHOKES COMING FOR MY MOSSY 835.. WILL POST PATTERNS AS SOON AS I GET IT. I HAVE ALL 3" SHELLS TO SHOOT THOUGH IT. INCLUDING HEVI 5,6,7 SHOT, WINCHESTER DOUBLE X MAGNUM, AND SOME DIFFERENT FEDERAL SHELLS. HOPE THIS CHOKE GETS HERE SOON CAUSE T SEASON IS THE 30TH.. TALK ABOUT  CUTTING IT CLOSE!!!!!!!!!!! i also have a ssx for sale .....posted in choke section . it was for my mossy 835.. just like hevi said the ssx is a great choke for the price
Take a kid hunting

ILIKEHEVI-13

That .675 may be where it is at.  But I'm starting to think that if the .670 may even shoot more consistent numbers that the .675.  That Tru-Glo SSX I have is putting up some superb numbers and it's a .670.  I think it would even out shoot the .675 Indian Creek.  And I also think it will give the Star Dot all it wants.  

snapper1982

:z-winnersmiley:

dang it guys... now i dont only have to buy an 835(again) but i got to buy the choke...lol