OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

pot calls info

Started by flhunter0726, April 12, 2011, 06:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flhunter0726

I am interestedin making pot calls.  Can someone give me some advice on  where to place the soundboard and what purpose the soundboard does.  What is the best material to use?  If anyone has some pics would be useful.   I guess this is kind of a silly question but I am just starting the call building process.  Thanks for any info.

Gobblerstopper

I assume from your questions that you are going to be making your own pots and not purchasing pre-made pots?  What tools are you going to use for the pots?

lightsoutcalls

Try doing some web searches and searching this site.  You should be able to find a good bit of information on basics. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Turkey Trot

Russell Lynch of Bun N Betty Calls has a DVD for callmaking for sale on his site that will probably provide more insight in an hour than you could glean from a one dimension source (Q& A on a forum) in multiple hours.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

misfire

Quote from: Turkey Trot on April 25, 2011, 02:37:55 PM
Russell Lynch of Bun N Betty Calls has a DVD for callmaking for sale on his site that will probably provide more insight in an hour than you could glean from a one dimension source (Q& A on a forum) in multiple hours.

What he said
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

M,Yingling

Heres a pic how i check my sound board when turning

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Turkey Trot

I should have said "Bud N Betty" rather than "Bun N Betty."
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

a-j calls

Try doing some web searches and searching this site.

bowhunter84

cleanslate

Quote from: M,Yingling on April 26, 2011, 06:28:00 PM
Heres a pic how i check my sound board when turning

Same as I do. I stack two soundboards on top of each other to check the depth.