OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

ceramic pot calls

Started by stringtalker, May 09, 2017, 04:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stringtalker

Do you all that have one condition your ceramic calls? I was told not to but it seems its not grabbing like it should. What striker do u like the best or what kind of wood.
Douglas

vt35mag

lightly with 220 grit sandpaper, Ipe.

Greg Massey

Just rub it with a scotch brite pad...don't use SAND PAPER and also keep the end of your striker clean , it will gum up with ceramic from the call surface...  I have been running a ceramic for the last 3 years and this is all you need to do to keep it grabbing on the surface....make sure you clean the striker also...ASH Striker runs the best on ceramic in my opinion.....  I clean mine before using it on every hunt including striker, several  times during my hunt...especially the striker...

Bowguy

Wvgobbler

I got a Daybreak Paduak ceramic from Gary Anderson he sent a stone with it. That's how I condition mine. I like dymondwood, Macassar ebony, and a Lyman snakewood on it. And also a Lyman Purple Heart too. Hope this helps.

perrytrails

I like Paduk on ceramic, really grabs the surface

Tennessee Lead

I like a blood wood on my Ceramic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tha bugman

don't condition very much only lightly as described above

appalachianstruttstopper

Try an alcohol pad first.  :z-twocents:

LaLongbeard

I have an old Yella Hammer ceramic that sounds good with purple heart striker, I use a piece of scotch  brite on striker and call surface.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

tha bugman

Quote from: Phillipshunt on May 26, 2017, 10:23:13 AM
I have an old Yella Hammer ceramic that sounds good with purple heart striker, I use a piece of scotch  brite on striker and call surface.
I always liked that pot

TauntoHawk

clean with alcohol pad one small spot I hit with a stone.. Love yellowheart on them, red dymondwood, and purpleheart
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>