OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

DOUBLE SPURS

Started by VAHUNTER, February 10, 2011, 08:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAHUNTER

i have posted these spurs on here before. but thought i would post them again for some of you old guys that cant remeber to well(like Jay) and the new members.

Good things come to those who wait

OLE RASPY

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

shawn,
them jokers are awesome, buddy!!!!

TrackeySauresRex

:icon_thumright:  :icon_thumright:          Nice!            :icon_thumright:  :icon_thumright:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

joshua

That's cool.  One question?   How would that one be scored in the turkey contest?
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

turkey slayer

hookedspur

Thats a new one for me , Odd !
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

VAHUNTER

Quote from: joshua on February 10, 2011, 08:36:07 PM
That's cool.  One question?   How would that one be scored in the turkey contest?
unfortunately this set would not compete with a 1 1/4" set. but i would measure and count all four
Good things come to those who wait

Crutch

Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

turkey_slayer

Ya dont see that everyday  :icon_thumright:

Executioner

Nice. Wish I could find the pics of the double spurred gobbler, triple spurred gobbler and spurred hen photos I got. God bless.
"Confidence in your God given abilities adds more turkeys to your daily limit" Mike Miller "The Turkey Killer" Take delight in the LORD, and He will give you your hearts desires. Psalm 37:4

bird

Quote from: VAHUNTER on February 10, 2011, 09:32:50 PM
Quote from: joshua on February 10, 2011, 08:36:07 PM
That's cool.  One question?   How would that one be scored in the turkey contest?
unfortunately this set would not compete with a 1 1/4" set. but i would measure and count all four

He is right... all 4 spurs would be counted.  I shot one similar last year and it had a double spur on one leg but it was a nubbin'.  Cool picture....  :icon_thumright:

Here is the picture of mine from last year.

PANYHunter

That's pretty neat  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: I've never seen one with doubles. Anyone know how common this is?

latimer shedhead

Crazy! I've seen doublem main beams, double beards, even killed a bird with a 10.5 beard, but no spurs. But never double spurs.