OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Recommended strikers for wet weather?

Started by 7shooter, May 04, 2017, 10:26:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

7shooter

Who makes a good all weather striker? I mostly run Halloran crystal and glass calls. 

MikeStaten

Enticer graphite tipped striker works well on his aluminum call.  You can literally run the call while water is flowing over the surface and it doesn't sound too much different than when it's dry.

tha bugman

Quote from: MikeStaten on May 04, 2017, 10:28:58 AM
Enticer graphite tipped striker works well on his aluminum call.  You can literally run the call while water is flowing over the surface and it doesn't sound too much different than when it's dry.
+1 on this...its absolutely amazing

perrytrails

X3 on the Enticer.

Cane Creek Cotton Mouth Also!!

PALongspur

Dustin Jones make the best waterproof striker I've ever played.

TScottW99

I've been using a Woodwise Mystic Stick for years. Lost one years ago and bought two more so I wouldn't be without another again... Hopefully  :angry9:
"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

wvmntnhick

Quote from: perrytrails on May 04, 2017, 12:34:22 PM
X3 on the Enticer.

Cane Creek Cotton Mouth Also!!
X4. Best I've heard when wet.

7shooter

HFultzjr

Mike Yingling on here, make a great fiber rod striker.
Runs everything from my titanium, glass, crystal, aluminum, slate.

bobk

X2 on the Mike Yingling fiber  rod striker. Also coat the tip of a wooden striker with JB Weld. This makes a great wet weather striker.

7shooter

Quote from: 7shooter on May 05, 2017, 10:25:04 AM
Thanks all!
Quote from: bobk on May 05, 2017, 05:49:25 PM
X2 on the Mike Yingling fiber  rod striker. Also coat the tip of a wooden striker with JB Weld. This makes a great wet weather striker.
I sent Yingling a pm but no response.

ncwoodsman