turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sentimental gift calls

Started by RiverRoost, May 02, 2017, 11:30:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRoost

My wife and I are expecting our first child in august and with any luck he'll love turkey hunting just as much as I do. I have a Lynch box call I got as my first call for Easter one year and kinda thought about getting a really nice box as a gift to my son when he's born that maybe he can pass down to his son one day.  Any suggestion? Thought about my lynch or an Albert Paul or something nice

SteelerFan

1st... CONGRATS!

2nd... Cool idea!

3rd... Whichever call maker you choose, he'll appreciate it!

outdoors

CONGRATULATIONS...............
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

MT elk slayer

Congratulations! I'm sure any call that is sentimental to you that you decide to pass on will be cherished for the rest of his life! My father gave me his ol .264 necked down to a .257 Roberts casing. He says I need to throw the ol thing in the garbage. It was a Japanese sniper made from 1943 to 1945. To this day I still use it and when it stops shooting like a tack then I will get it rebuilt. It will be the rifle I pass onto my son one day
When the bulls ain't talkin, hit the ice, when the ice is melted, break out the ol box call

Tail Feathers

Hard to beat an Albert Paul call.  Great idea!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

MDSTRUTNRUT

Wish I had done that with my kids.   You can get box call engraved and if you go pot call can get picture or something flat put under the glass.  Ricky Padgett of Spring Allure put a feather I sent to him for me, saw another post  not long ago of an arrowhead but cant remember who made the call. 
CONGRATS ON THE FUTURE TURKEY SLAYER!!!

FOUND IT!
mossyhorn2  posted it on march 12, 2017 i pot call forum under NEW CALL

Bennett

Congratulations and a great idea. Albert Paul would be a great choice. I would also recommend Billy Buice. I have had him make me and my two sons a set of box calls for Christmas the past three years.

tha bugman