OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Merriam outfitter suggestion

Started by RiverRoost, May 01, 2017, 10:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRoost

I work in agriculture and typically only have 3-4 days to make an out of state turkey hunt if it rains enough and we are out of the field for the next couple days. For this reason and at this early stage in working I'd like to maximize my harvest chances by going with an outfitter.  Does anyone have suggestions on someone with true white merriams that I should contact and see about working with me and getting me in as a "floater" more or less to jump in on a hunt when the weather allows me to?

This puts me in a tough spot to get a merriam right now bc most outfitters want a locked down date and I can really commit to set dates until a day or so out. Man I need to retire! Only about 25 more years ha!

hobbes

I don't know any outfitters but suspect it'll be tough to come by one that flexible.   I think you'll have to make some phone calls and talk to several personally to see if that'll work. 
Where are you coming from?  Travel will be tough.  Last minute flights will be a gamble and driving may not be possible if you have very far to go.

My brother farms some and works in the age industry.  His busiest time of year is spring, so he's never had the opportunity to come hunt Merriam's with me.

RiverRoost

I'm in Mississippi. Yes travel plans will be tough as I'd have to throw down some coin and get a flight.

RiverRoost

Also this is to be a spring of 18 hunt so I can save money and spend whatever I need to to get out there and a good spot.