turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What do you not do?

Started by tha bugman, May 01, 2017, 05:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

What do you not do during turkey season?  I do not do Honey Do's...but my main one is cut grass....how do I reduce marital discourse during the season?  I teach the Lil Poult how to do it!

MT elk slayer

Start em early! I started when I was a wee wittle champ and I think it's for the same reason, so my pops wouldn't get in trouble when he left for the whole month of elk season in MT!
When the bulls ain't talkin, hit the ice, when the ice is melted, break out the ol box call

Happy

I let the boy mow some but not to much or I increase my workload buy having to do mechanical repairs. I swear my boy could break an anvil with a rotten banana.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

spaightlabs

Quote from: Happy on May 01, 2017, 05:52:21 PM
I let the boy mow some but not to much or I increase my workload buy having to do mechanical repairs. I swear my boy could break an anvil with a rotten banana.

That.
Is.
AWESOME!!!!!!

compton30

Remember, it's not how fast you mow, it's how well you mow fast

Tail Feathers

Chores take a back seat during season.
Sadly, turkey season also occurs during the best month of crappie fishing, but turkeys win out!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

ol bob

MT elk slayer

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: got a good kick out of that one. he may break the stuff, but in the end he will get better and you can then rely on him to do the chores while you go hunt! unless of course you are like my father and introduced me to hunting at way to young of age, now i'm hooked and he is stuck at home doing the chores while I send him pictures of all of my harvests
When the bulls ain't talkin, hit the ice, when the ice is melted, break out the ol box call

fallhnt

I cut grass but I hate yard work. No honey do list.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Farmboy27

I do everything that I normally do. I don't have the luxury of leaving things undone for a month. A might adjust my schedule alittle when I can, but in the end turkey season will be over in a month, but I have to survive all year.

renegade19

Quote from: Tail Feathers on May 01, 2017, 06:37:08 PM
Chores take a back seat during season.
Sadly, turkey season also occurs during the best month of crappie fishing, but turkeys win out!

This!  But, we can only hunt until 1pm here so the crappies also get some time.

hobbes

I know the feeling.  Actually, now I know how my dad felt.

tha bugman

Quote from: ol bob on May 01, 2017, 06:41:04 PM
Make turkey calls LOL
I am going to learn this one day!  I have every good intention of building up inventory during the off season, only to find myself still hunting in the morning, and building calls at night!  :TooFunny:

dublelung

Well this year was a very good reminder for my wife. She bought a old house trailer and I had it moved down to some property we have on the river. I paid someone to jack it up so the backwater wouldn't get to it and that's as far as I've got. She keeps asking when I'm going to work on it, I told her I'd be able to get started about May 2nd. After 21 years you'd think she would know not to expect too much.

I will mow the grass but only on very windy days or during the middle of the day if I don't have a gobbler located.

wvmntnhick

When your only tool is a stick of dynamite... :TooFunny: