OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

The world is a small place!(and internet too)

Started by RiverRoost, April 29, 2017, 04:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRoost

So not long ago there was a thread started about some guys in Arizona shooting turkeys off the roost on a tv show and told about their "need" to fill their tags. Well last night while sitting at turkey camp at an Oklahoma outfitter and talking about the hunting industry, the peckerheads with hunting shows etc with some other guys in camp that I've never met, one of the guys says that "on a forum on the internet he gets on he posted talking about these guys in Arizona Roos shooting turkeys he saw on tv". I immediately knew the thread he was talking about bc I read the several page posts on the topic and realized he was the one who started the thread initially. What I found so crazy is that two folks, never met before ever could read the same thing on the same forum on the internet and end up being at the same outfitter at the same time and that topic come. Kinda crazy how you bump into folks and make new friends and find common ground.

Tail Feathers

I too recently met a fellow OG member in OK.  He came to the same outfitter.  When he told me where he was from and mentioned that he loved crappie fishing, I asked if were Gamblin Man on here and indeed he is.

600 miles from home.  It was nice to meet you GM! :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

codym

Quote from: RiverRoost on April 29, 2017, 04:01:33 PM
So not long ago there was a thread started about some guys in Arizona shooting turkeys off the roost on a tv show and told about their "need" to fill their tags. Well last night while sitting at turkey camp at an Oklahoma outfitter and talking about the hunting industry, the peckerheads with hunting shows etc with some other guys in camp that I've never met, one of the guys says that "on a forum on the internet he gets on he posted talking about these guys in Arizona Roos shooting turkeys he saw on tv". I immediately knew the thread he was talking about bc I read the several page posts on the topic and realized he was the one who started the thread initially. What I found so crazy is that two folks, never met before ever could read the same thing on the same forum on the internet and end up being at the same outfitter at the same time and that topic come. Kinda crazy how you bump into folks and make new friends and find common ground.

Hey brother had a great time sharing camp with you. Hope you all didn't get too wet Saturday, the rain and snow followed me all the way back to NM! Hope we get to meet up again sometime!

Gamblinman

Quote from: Tail Feathers on April 30, 2017, 08:12:40 PM
I too recently met a fellow OG member in OK.  He came to the same outfitter.  When he told me where he was from and mentioned that he loved crappie fishing, I asked if were Gamblin Man on here and indeed he is.

600 miles from home.  It was nice to meet you GM! :icon_thumright:

Good to meet you and FiredUp!!
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Gooserbat

I once bumped into a fellow on a piece of public ground and he noticed the"Gooserbat" stock sticker on my gun.  He ask if I was the guy on OG .  I said yes and he introduced himself and since we've stayed in loose contact seeing each other at the NWTF convention and through Facebook.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.