turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Long box

Started by ajagkrieg, April 24, 2017, 10:47:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChiefO

I'm in the same boat as you ajagkrieg. I'm about to pull the trigger on a long box and contacted SS today. I'm just completely undecided on what wood to have them use. I'm wanting one for those high wind days and for some planned Midwest hunts.

ajagkrieg

Thanks for all the help all.  I talked to Al last week and ordered a blood wood/butternut long box and a butternut/kwila short.  Great talk, told him what I was looking sound wise and he new right away what would work.  Cant wait!

turkey stew

A  SS Custom long box is an excellent choice. You will not be disappointed with that combo. I have that combo plus several others. They all will kill birds!

KentuckyHeadhunter

The two combos you ordered from Al are the best you could have asked for.  Very wise choice on both combinations.  That shorty combo is phenomenal. 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

mgm1955

ajagkrieg

Here they are!  They got them done within the time frame he told me and they are amazing!  First time I  ran them both I'm sure I had a big smile on my face.  Both have great roll over and sound amazing.  My first Long Box and now I know what they mean when they say they have sever different hens in them.  They both look amazing too.  Al and Josh had great communication and I could tell they really want to make sure their customers are happy.  Thanks for all the recommendations guys, couldn't be more happy.

turkey stew

Congrats on those fine callers! The gobblers love those callers!

mgm1955