turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

20ga 2 3/4"

Started by Player, April 05, 2017, 08:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Player

What is some good ammo in 2 3/4" for the 20's?

coonhunter

Federal heavy weight #7. Alsome shells. By far the best patterning 2 3/4" she'll I've shot.
Joshua 24:15

Player

Thanks coonhunter. I have looked for those in 2 3/4" and have been unable to find any.

BTW, in my younger days I used to live, eat, and breath coonhunting.

coonhunter

Midway has them in stock! 
Joshua 24:15

Player

Thanks Coonhunter. Got some on the way!

Izzyjoe

You could also try some up upland heavy field loads, but they won't hold a candle to the HW's.

POSSUM BEND

Quote from: coonhunter on April 05, 2017, 09:32:34 PM
Federal heavy weight #7. Awesome shells. By far the best patterning 2 3/4" she'll I've shot.
There is no better option in factory ammo.  I shoot the 3 in version myself, but I bought a box of the 2 3/4" shells just in case my daughter decides she's ready this yr.  Shot one before season while patterning my 870 20 ga and got 86 pellets in a 10 in circle at 40 yards.  Nice even pattern with Carlson. 575.  I would think it would be deadly to 35 for sure and probably fine at 40.  I hunted for yrs with lead #5s in a 12 ga that wouldn't have done any more than that.

Player

Well I got the HW 7's in and tried a few out. Getting 80-85 in the 10 at 40 with both a Rem. Super Full and a Tightwad .570.  I'm pretty happy with that.

Sure beats the 40-45 I was getting with High brass 6's or the approx. 25 hits with 4's.

Thanks guys

Natty Bumpo

BIG UPGRADE,  no doubt. Good Luck.

NB

owlhoot

Not to bad for a 2 3/4" 20 gauge at that range!
Federal Hw7 are killers.