OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Printable turkey target? Anyone have a link?

Started by protocoldoug, February 10, 2011, 05:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

protocoldoug

Hey hey guys,

I'm gonna purchase my first turkey gun next week (woo hoo! Thanks in part to the help from you guys before the site was re-done. Both in information and from "pure psych up"). And I have a feeling I might want to go shoot it :D (Granted, due to temperature I'll have to pattern it when the weather is more fair in these parts, too)

But... The question I have is: Does anyone know of a good link to a decent turkey target for patterning? ...I'm thinking something that's a PDF so it has the right scale when I print it out, and has all the good stuff like the commercial targets e.g. shows the internal parts so I can see how many hit the kill zone etc.

I'd be quite appreciative! *thumbs up*

Basser69

Most of the shell web pages have them like remington

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

protocoldoug

Thanks Cash -- at least someone didn't use http://lmgtfy.com/ -- let me google that for you :) Thanks for your patience.

Any idea what kind of size guide-lines I should use when I print it out so I get the right scale?

CASH

Quote from: protocoldoug on February 10, 2011, 06:01:24 PM
Thanks Cash -- at least someone didn't use http://lmgtfy.com/ -- let me google that for you :) Thanks for your patience.

Any idea what kind of size guide-lines I should use when I print it out so I get the right scale?

We got some smartmouths here (me), but we ain't evil.

Not sure.  If it's not the size you want.  Take the copy to Kinko's or whatever it's called now and get it blown up.

Now that I think about it, a normal size copy should be sufficient.  Add your ten inch circle after you shoot.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Jbird22

Yall are welcome to use this one if you like. I drew in on AutoCAD and turned it into a PDF then saved it as a picture. It's pretty much a copy of another popular target without all the color and detail. It should be to scale and printable on an 8.5x11 sheet if everything converted smoothly. Enjoy!

HogBiologist

I still have my actual sized scan of an actual turkey spine and head.  It was a bird I killed, cleaned and put back together to check penetration.  I put it on the xerox and made copies.  Best target I have found so far.
Certified Wildlife Biologist

Jbird22

Quote from: CamoMan4025 on February 11, 2011, 10:51:49 AM
Ok, I have one saved in "MY DOCUMENTS", it's a pdf file, how do I save it on here???

Open the .pdf file, use the camera tool to take a snapshot of the document (it will add it to your clipboard), paste it into paint then save it as a .jpeg, then use a free pic hosting sight to put it on here.  :icon_thumright:

mossy835

Okay I have to ask, if you do not have a wide carriage printer (13X19) would it not be cheaper to buy pre made targets so you can see your pattern and draw your 10" circles? Kind of hard to do on 8.5 X 11 inch paper?
:fud:

shootumindaface

I see no point in really shooting at turkey head targets

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

HogBiologist

Here is the file with my target, it has measurements on it to make sure once it is printed it is the correct size.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Certified Wildlife Biologist

OldHen

we actually had one as well...I will go and see if I can find it for you.....

headbanger

LaBiologist,

Very Cool. Mind if I copy and print one out? Perfect to see what my Treesharks will do without all the feather fluff.

headbanger