Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Helping a brother out... Missionary Strikers

Started by Gooserbat, April 02, 2017, 11:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

Now you who know me know I'm not the guy who goes around shouting my religion from the house tops.  I'm the guy who chooses to be a living example.  Any way recently I have had an opportunity to help a Christian Brother in Mexico (Noe) through the means of a missionary friend of mine, who coincidentally is a turkey hunter.  Long story short the gentleman in Mexico is in a very poor area and is a woodworker.  He has a lath and access to an abundance of exotic woods.  Strikers being easy to turn were an instant idea as a way to help him out.  This is the first trial run.  All are turned with a very true 5/16 stem.  He does a excellent job on these.

And I will stress I'm not taking a single cent on these strikers.  All money goes to Bro Noe in Mexico.

In order from left to right:
#1 Zirocote heart wood.
#2 Zirocote with sap wood.
#3 Katalox with sap wood.
#4 Katalox heart wood
#5 Mora (cousin species to Osage)

Cost is $15 each plus $7 priority shipping.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Gooserbat

I just got in 36 more.  I'll be sorting these out  over the weekend.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

dejake

I'll be interested to see what you just got