OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Knight and Hale moonshiner acrylic call

Started by scoot12, April 02, 2017, 10:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoot12

Today I went to the Madison Deer and Turkey expo.  I got to run quite a few custom pot call makers calls that sounding like crap.  I got to the Knight and Hale booth and ran their new moonshiner clear acrylic crystal over a acrylic sound board.  Thinking it would sound like crap I hesistantly picked it up and ran it. It was the best sounding pot I ran today.  I have a friend that is a pro staffer for them. He was kind enought to give me one.  Thing sounds dang good for a production pot and will be a great bad weather call.  Looked online and Cabelas has them for $55.  Anyone else own a production call that sounds pretty dang good?  Scoot

Tennessee Lead

My Dad just got one of those.
I was blown away.
I'd hunt it no problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disney

Yes. I have a production call that sounds real good. Believe it or not, it's the Knight and Hale Metal Yell. It's all aluminum, aluminum pot and surface. I don't think it has a soundboard. It's pretty thin and I think the metal pot is the reason there may not be a sound board. It screams nice whistle kee kee runs, nice yelps, clucks and awesome purrs.It is NOT anodized if anyone has a problem with that. I condition mine with 200 or 250 wet/dry sandpaper, then a maroon scuff pad to touch it up.
Maker of Timber Tune Custom made pot calls. Fine domestic and beautiful exotic wood.
timbertunes126@gmail.com

870camomagnum

I have several custom made glass/Crystal calls & I got to run the Moonshiner acrylic pot glass call & I too was shocked at how well it sounded, as good or better than lots of the custom calls! I did buy one & not a bit ashamed to carry it opening day!

FL-Boss

scoot12

Fl,  thanks for posting vid,  I was running mine today and still can't get over how good it sounds.  Scoot

Cottonmouth

I bought a turkey thugs slate pot  called  "rimshot" on clearance for $5. I figured I would give it to a kid to play around with. I normally find production calls to be lower quality,  but this call has seen 10 turkeys die so far in the past 2 years.

spurz

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

larry9988

I bought a Hooks classic slate in a plastic pot for $20, and I love it for soft yelping, clucking and purring. I use it almost every time I hunt.

spurz

Eder's just cancelled my order. They say they are out of stock. ????

rbreedi1

Quote from: spurz on April 06, 2017, 12:12:05 PM

guess there was a run on them after this post! I thought about getting one but looks like im too late
Thunder Ridge Totes

Jbird22

Quote from: spurz on April 06, 2017, 12:12:05 PM

Mine hasn't been cancelled as of now...

FL-Boss

I ordered mine just before 9pm... not cancelled yet.