Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

beretta xtrema Hevi Choke .671 3.5/2.25/7's Question?

Started by Longshanks, April 10, 2011, 04:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longshanks

Has anyone shooting this combo shot the hevi 13 3/2/7's through it.  I have a couple of them but was curious before i shoot it.  Saving shells...only have 1  3.5/7   and 2  3/7's.

titansfan2104

Read several of your posts prior to this thread and looks like you have already answered your own question several times in numerous threads!!?? I dont know maybe im missing something in the question your asking here??  :TrainWreck1:

Longshanks

I have shot the 3.5   7's in this combo but not the 3 inch 7's.  Im asking has anyone shot the 3in 7's in this combo??  Do they pattern as well??  Dont want to waste the money if they dont pattern as well..i can shoot them in another gun rather than waste them..about 5 dollars a shot everytime i pull the trigger.. :fud:

pittboss

Quote from: Longshanks on April 11, 2011, 09:50:24 PM
I have shot the 3.5   7's in this combo but not the 3 inch 7's.  Im asking has anyone shot the 3in 7's in this combo??  Do they pattern as well??  Dont want to waste the money if they dont pattern as well..i can shoot them in another gun rather than waste them..about 5 dollars a shot everytime i pull the trigger.. :fud:

I shot the 3" 2oz #7 with a pure gold .670 on Saturday through my Beretta xtrema and I had 210 hits @ 40 yards. I stopped shooting the 3.5" loads a few years bask as I found that the pattern would blow apart and not have any real consistency so I only shoot a 3" shells now.

pittboss
Gobble Gobble Boom !!!!!

titansfan2104

oh ok!!!! I didn't know.. your title says 3.5 ..sorry for the misunderstanding !! :z-guntootsmiley:

Longshanks

Thanks for the info there pit boss..gonna try  3/2/7's.  I have noticed that with the 3.5 in shells out of this gun whether its Nitro 4x5xx7 or Hevi 13 3.5's.  I also seem to run into POI problems when i shoot the 3.5 as well.  Dont know why that is..

goblr77

Quote from: Longshanks on April 12, 2011, 04:47:22 AM
Thanks for the info there pit boss..gonna try  3/2/7's.  I have noticed that with the 3.5 in shells out of this gun whether its Nitro 4x5xx7 or Hevi 13 3.5's.  I also seem to run into POI problems when i shoot the 3.5 as well.  Dont know why that is..

You are not going to have near the pattern density with the 3-2-7's as you would with the 3.5-2.25-7's. Shoot both loads back to back @ 40 yards and put a 10" circle over the densest part of the pattern . It will be a no brainer. The choke you have will not blow the pattern with the 3.5's.

Longshanks

Thanks goblr77,  yea the patterns i shot with that 3.5 in shell were devastating.  Was really just wondering if i could get away with hunting with the 3 in shell if i ran out of the 3.5's until i could order some more.  Ive never had a gun shoot a more dense pattern than this combo. :z-guntootsmiley:

sugarray

You may not shoot to the same POA as the 3.5" shells.  You have to shoot at least one to know if they shoot to the same POA as the 3.5, if so, then your patterns will be plenty good to kill turkeys.  The question really is if you will hit the turkey.

goblr77

Quote from: Longshanks on April 12, 2011, 06:04:08 PM
Thanks goblr77,  yea the patterns i shot with that 3.5 in shell were devastating.  Was really just wondering if i could get away with hunting with the 3 in shell if i ran out of the 3.5's until i could order some more.  Ive never had a gun shoot a more dense pattern than this combo. :z-guntootsmiley:

I'd shoot a bird with the Hevi 7 3" if that's what I had, just wouldn't buy any more though when the 3.5" load doesn't cost much more. If you want a cheap load to get you by til you get some 3.5's go to Wal-Mart and pick up some Win Gray box 3" 1-7/8 oz #6's. For close work they will do the job in your rig. I'm averaging 100-110 @ 40 out of this 75 cent shell through my 26" barrel and the same choke you're using.