OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

High Caliber Outdoors in Nebraska

Started by MShillhunter, March 27, 2017, 08:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MShillhunter

Has anyone had any experience with Adam Gilkey of High Caliber Outdoors in Nebraska? Looking into booking a hunt with him and wanted to check with the Old Gobbler brain trust to see if anyone has hunted with him before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MShillhunter

Quote from: crenshawco on March 27, 2017, 09:18:35 PM
Never hunted with him but he doesn't exactly have a great record.

https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&client=ms-android-verizon&ei=d7nZWOM0irCPBNrKnpgH&q=adam+gilkey+nebraska+arrest&oq=adam+gilkey+nebraska+arrest&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.3...24847.31199.0.31620.12.12.0.0.0.0.219.1713.0j9j2.11.0....0...1c.1j4.64.mobile-gws-serp..1.10.1583...35i39k1j33i160k1j33i21k1.sf7zDNrY45o

I have seen that. Hoping that was an isolated incident and surely he's learned his lesson.  Seems to have a nice new cabin and from his talks with my group that he has a high success rate.   

Hopefully someone here has hunted with him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

spaightlabs

It isn't very likely that the time he was charged was the first, last or only time that he engaged in bad behavior, do you think?

Hooksfan

I personally wouldn't do it. I may not have the greatest insight since I have never done a paid hunt, but I know plenty who have. From what I have seen,  there isn't much middle ground on guides and outfitters. For the most part, they are either some of the bestate folks you will ever meet or they are downright crooks.
Think about it, anyone who would knowingly put other folks in jeopardy of the law to sell a hunt doesnt have a lot of conscience to mend.
I think you actually already know the answer or you wouldn't be asking. Plenty of reputable folks in that area, IMO

redjones

Check him out on Youtube,he was running waterfowl hunts in central Kansas.
I know some locals from the area he waterfowl guide's in,pm me if you want.
He might be a decent guy,just make sure and do your research before you book.

Greg
Semper Fi

turkeyfoot

Hard to outrun the past especially when your asking for others money and there are plenty of competition in that business

guesswho

I'd pass.   Not worth the worry.   
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

mtns2hunt

May be a great guy but why take the risk - unless you want to see your name in the paper.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

jdoster

Sent you a PM with my experience waterfowl hunting with High Caliber.

MShillhunter

Quote from: jdoster on March 28, 2017, 10:03:31 PM
Sent you a PM with my experience waterfowl hunting with High Caliber.

Replied

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk