turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Cracked IC. choke!!!

Started by S.C.C, April 10, 2011, 10:43:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

S.C.C

Here's another broke choke from Indian Creek! this one is 3 years old and has had H13 6's and 7's shot thru it.Guessing around 100 or less shots fired! Will see if they will replace this one?   :(
Look's like the concrete in the picture!! :lol:

BigPeck215

very interesting that that choke is 3yrs old and had the same problems that the new chokes made from the bad batch of steel had

ILIKEHEVI-13

The newer stainless steel version chokes are a lot thicker at the muzzle.  So that tells me they are beefier.  I have yet to hear of one single stainless steel version choke splitting. 

BigPeck215

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on April 10, 2011, 01:09:27 PM
The newer stainless steel version chokes are a lot thicker at the muzzle.  So that tells me they are beefier.  I have yet to hear of one single stainless steel version choke splitting. 

the new stainless chokes have not been on the market long enough to judge whether or not they will fail, i hope they do not fail but if they do i am sure IC will stand behind them

Mag10

Are we going to have to look at our IC tubes after every shot?  What is going to happen to them if we shot a fallow up shot at a bird with a cracked choke?  I we have to start using our autos like a single shot and check the choke after every shot we may just as well shot a single shot break open shotgun.  I have the IC and 2 JH's,  the IC was going to get more testing this spring but not now.

cannonball

I almost bought one of these and went with the Jelly Head instead. Kind of makes me glad I did.

MAGGUNS

and a couple of hose clamps    :TooFunny:

S.C.C

Quote from: MAGGUNS on April 10, 2011, 02:48:51 PM
and a couple of hose clamps    :TooFunny:
:thanks:  THAT'ULL FIX IT!!!     :bike2:

This is the first one to crack for me,but did shoot this one the most.
Just started shootin the 7's out of it in MARCH!  :o

msgobblergetter

Quote from: BigPeck215 on April 10, 2011, 01:04:59 PM
very interesting that that choke is 3yrs old and had the same problems that the new chokes made from the bad batch of steel had

Agreed.  Bad steel batch is not the problem.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Well I don't believe your going to split the newer stainless ones.  They are very beefy. 

[attachment deleted by admin]

new2turkey

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on April 10, 2011, 04:29:25 PM
Well I don't believe your going to split the newer stainless ones.  They are very beefy. 

Can't argue with you there... That thing is thick!

ILIKEHEVI-13

Indian Creek has always made good on the chokes that have caused problems.  Why those chokes have split I can't say.  But I will say the newer stainless steel version won't split.  They are as thick as any choke I have seen on the muzzle end.  

SR1

I have a good idea why they are splitting and its not bad steel. If I am right on why they are it doesn't matter how thick the walls are it will still crack sooner or later. I know how they can fix the issue but I am not putting it out for all to see I might email them and give them my thoughts on the issue its a real simple fix for them to stop them from doing this. The reason I'm not gona say is cause its nothing we as customers can do its a design flaw that's all.  I would be willing to bet if everyone would have the chokes that have been shot more then 10 times magna fluxed they would all show sings of cracks beginning.
Death Smiles At Everyone - Marines Smile Back
Artillery Brings Dignity to What Would Otherwise Be Just A Vulgar Brawl
Happiness Is A Belt-Fed Weapon
[/url]

S.C.C

Quote from: SR1 on April 10, 2011, 05:02:00 PM
I have a good idea why they are splitting and its not bad steel. If I am right on why they are it doesn't matter how thick the walls are it will still crack sooner or later. I know how they can fix the issue but I am not putting it out for all to see I might email them and give them my thoughts on the issue its a real simple fix for them to stop them from doing this. The reason I'm not gona say is cause its nothing we as customers can do its a design flaw that's all.  I would be willing to bet if everyone would have the chokes that have been shot more then 10 times magna fluxed they would all show sings of cracks beginning.

:agreed:  you hit the nail on the head!! :icon_thumright:
Not a matter of if but when!! >:(

mightyjoeyoung

Over hardening and under tempering???
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.