OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Viper G2 Final Analysis

Started by DETJR, March 19, 2017, 05:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DETJR

40 yds. Long Beard #6 with Carlson choke .665 Constriction.
121 pellets in 9 inch circle
46 pellets in neck

What do you think?

Coop1082

Dead turkey! That being said it's a little sparce and splotchy on the left side, but it does look like the center of the pattern is a bit right. I know it's a small piece of paper, but did you shoot with a larger backing surface to see the full extent of the pattern? For what it's worth I started with a Carlson's LongBeard XR choke out of my new browning BPS and while it threw great numbers on paper, it wasn't too sporty for the woods. A lot of pellet clumps with a good number of gaps, but the best "paper" numbers in a 10" I tested. Just didn't suit what I was looking for.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

DETJR

I posted the worst of the 2 shots fired just to get objective opinions. I knew I pulled a little to the right when I fired. I had been shooting alot of rounds with different load combinations, with a bad shoulder. This pic is the first one I fired with the LB 6's and I believe was held as true as I can achieve. Also, check out what was moving around yesterday afternoon in SE GA. Don't have a youth hunter to take anymore or he would be a dead bird.

127 in 9" 55 in kill zone. More uniformed pattern.