turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Krylon

Started by Zombie1978, March 18, 2017, 06:54:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozarks Hillbilly

I didn't realize that Remington made that version. That is a sweet rifle. I tote a Remington 700 Sendero SF in 25-06 with VX3 3.5X10 for Coyotes

Tom Foolery

I like the Sendero models but they're a touch heavy for me.  They are very accurate though.  I like the 3.5x10 Leupold very much.  Most of mine have the old style Mark AR with T2 turrets. 

I shoot my 223 and 243 for most everything.  I run them on steel, 223 to 600yds and 243 to 800yds and hunt I with both.  I've been on a lever gun kick here lately for deer but the 223, 243 and the Ti get some workouts too. 

Ozarks Hillbilly

You have some nice firearms there. I have been wanting to have a 6mm Rem AI built. Although I could buy a Cooper 243AI and have a lot more options of factory ammo to fire form brass with 243. Other than a couple grain case capacity with the 6mm Rem. I really don't think that the Coyotes will ever know the difference between the two.  LOL

Tom Foolery

My main 243 is a 1/9.125" twist and it will shoot the 105gr Hornady bullets but when this barrel goes I'm going to have a 1/8" or 1/7.5" twist spun on so I can fling the 108-115gr bullets.  I think a 6mm AI would be a great round, especially on a long action with a tight twist to shoot the sleek heavy bullets.  The 243 AI is always a great choice too.  Like you said the 243 brass is much easier to come by but if you could round up a couple hundred pieces they should last forever once formed as long as you anneal every now and then.