turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey Gun Question #1 - Benelli Supernova Steady Grip vs Benelli SBE II

Started by buckchaser, March 15, 2017, 04:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckchaser

Hello all.  I am in the process of "reshuffling" my gun cabinet and am looking to buy a new "go to" wild turkey shotgun.  I've been to several stores, handling many shotguns, etc.  Here are the two final contenders:

1)  Benelli Super Nova 12 gauge with Steady Grip stock and 24 inch barrel

2)  Benelli Super Black Eagle II 12 gauge with 28 inch barrel

The Benelli is nearly $500 off the original sticker price which is the only way it comes into consideration financially. 

I typically use an Aimpoint Micro H1 for my wild turkey guns and both guns allow it to be mounted.

Any thoughts/experiences welcome.

taylorjones20

Alive only by the Grace Of God

Borden811

Ozarks Hillbilly

Buddy of mine bought Super Nova steady grip a few years back hunted with it one season and traded it off.

buckchaser

Any complaints from the SBE II owners here about using a 28 inch barrel for wild turkey hunting?  My previous shotgun had a 24 inch barrel so uncertain if the additional length has a tendency to make it unwieldy.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: buckchaser on March 15, 2017, 05:14:49 PM
Any complaints from the SBE II owners here about using a 28 inch barrel for wild turkey hunting?  My previous shotgun had a 24 inch barrel so uncertain if the additional length has a tendency to make it unwieldy.
I often hunt with 28" barrelled shotguns including the SBE. I've never had the longer barrels get in the way when shooting. If you use a sling when travelling through the woods, you may find it sticking up higher than you'd like and may need to make some adjustments.
Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

taylorjones20

Mine has a 28" barrel and I've never had any trouble maneuvering it around.  It patterns just about everything I have shot through it very well.  No complaints. 
Alive only by the Grace Of God

CrustyRusty

Agree wth the sbe2.  It's my primary turkey gun with a 26" barrel and I hunt real thick areas.  I had a 24" and like the longer barrel better.  28 should be fine and if it's $500 off definitely may be worth getting.