turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ebony striker

Started by sbbow, March 09, 2017, 08:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbbow

What is a good one to use and on what surface?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Txag12

My macassar ebony from derrick stuckey is one of my favorites, sounds awesome on my crystal calls

870BkWht

I have both a maccassar ebony and gaboon ebony from Derrick Stuckey and I run them on glass slate aluminum titanium and crystal. 

I also have a John Sinclair gaboon ebony that smokes titanium and aluminum

New Yorker

Macassar ebony is my number one seller and plays well on any surface. I'm literally sold out right now with around a dozen customers waiting.

John Sinclair CustomCalls

I always carry a gaboon in my vest. 
I sell the gaboon ebony in two styles - 1-piece and less costly 2-piece - and it is absolutely a best seller as it is so easy to play on almost every surface. Perfect for beginners as well as experienced hunters.

TauntoHawk

maccassar halloran is a top 3 striker for I like it on crystal, ceramic, and anodized aluminum works on just about every call.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

jordanz7935

Quote from: TauntoHawk on March 10, 2017, 08:39:41 AM
maccassar halloran is a top 3 striker for I like it on crystal, ceramic, and anodized aluminum works on just about every call.
X2! I have his 2 piece maccasser ebony that came with my crystal mistress and its one of my favorites. Works great on all my pot calls.

2nd 100

David had some 1 piece Macassar ebony at the Nationals but sold out on Saturday morning. Got 3 of them and they are awesome. Macassar is a wood that is just magic in my hands always has been
Gaboon is a close second, they both work on any surface . make great lids on box calls also. I have Macassar ebony boxes from Marlin Watkins and David Halloran.