OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

DSD Decoys YES!! (Pic Heavy :)

Started by MK M GOBL, March 04, 2017, 06:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snapper1982

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 05, 2017, 01:27:59 PM
Quote from: snapper1982 on March 05, 2017, 01:25:25 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on March 04, 2017, 11:05:52 PM
I agree the DSD decoys are number 1 and made in the USA and Avian x are number 2 and made somewhere else and 99 percent of all the camo we all wear turkey hunting is made over seas.  Funny .....

Avians are NOT number 2 they are 4th

DSD-1
Deception-2
Dakota-3
Avian-4
You know what opinions are like.......ha ha ha ...just having a little fun...

Thats true and mine has never mattered to anyone except me lol

MKMGOBL

I just completed my DSD flock a few weeks ago with the Leading hen ;D Love my DSD :icon_thumright:

https://www.facebook.com/tom.staples.58/videos/10208001653536781/
"Luck Happens When Preparation Meets Opportunity"

MK M GOBL

Time for another pic of DSD's getting it Done!
Pulled a gobbler into a 400+ acre corn field with this hen flock; Upright, Feeding and Leading.

MK M GOBL

model94

I don't hunt fields. Do you them on logging roads,  open hardwoods and ridges?

MKMGOBL

I use mine mostly for when I take the boys out. If I'm running a decoy on a hunt for myself, I'll use it where ever I need it....woods, logging roads or field edges.
"Luck Happens When Preparation Meets Opportunity"

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: MK M GOBL on March 04, 2017, 06:05:56 PM
There are a lot of decoys out there and some of the new ones don't look to bad in comparison but after the results I have seen with the DSD's it's all I'm going to use and recommend, we sell plenty of decoys at the store and everyone can make their own choice on them, but I'll stick with made in the USA and DSD every time!!

DSDeadly
DSDouble
DSDead
DSDone
DSDecoys!
X 2 :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Been using dekes for years, and in the last few years have been slowly switching over to DSD's. Now I've got a feeding hen, an upright hen and a jake.

Double in SC using a DSD hen.

Midday gobbler that came in to a DSD hen.

MK M GOBL

Quote from: model94 on March 11, 2017, 12:24:22 PM
I don't hunt fields. Do you them on logging roads,  open hardwoods and ridges?

YES!! In any case where an incoming bird has that 50-80 view of the dekes, I use in Oak Savanna's, Pine Plantations and Pastured Timber, Power Lines and "Roads" in the timber. I have a few pics posted on here of these scenarios. Take a look back through the topic.

MK M GOBL

model94

MK M GOBL

I'd like to see you do this with your "other" brand decoy :)

DSD = Durability

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlJohxI7wps#action=share

MK M GOBL

snapper1982

I seen a deception hen shot with no paint loss or noticeable damage 

NorfolkHunter

I'm an archery guy and all I can say is DSD's are terrible..... They don't work. They don't pull toms into close range for some of the best hunting action ever either!

There is my beef and here is a collage of GoPro screen shots showing how they don't work.

owlhoot

Quote from: NorfolkHunter on March 28, 2017, 04:07:59 PM
I'm an archery guy and all I can say is DSD's are terrible..... They don't work. They don't pull toms into close range for some of the best hunting action ever either!

There is my beef and here is a collage of GoPro screen shots showing how they don't work.

That is terrible. Who would want that to happen  :TooFunny:

MK M GOBL

Here's a little more on the difference of owning a DSD!!

and made in the USA :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvDOlhHSB3g

MK M GOBL

MK M GOBL

Well here's the first for 2017!

"Learn to Hunt" Program using my DSD's

MK M GOBL

cornfedkiller

Quote from: MK M GOBL on March 06, 2017, 10:15:50 PM
This is just a copy from another post I made here, just wanted to get here too.

One thing I talk about (seminars) is "Learning How to Hunt with Decoys" and yes there is a "right" and "wrong" way to use decoys. I talk about use, positioning, season timeframe, where in the breeding cycle and such. I talk about bowhunting setup and shotgun sets and use for youth hunts. I also talk about the dominance game and how to use this to your advantage. I hear a lot about how a strutter "scares" off jakes/subordinate toms and such... If this is happening you have not yet learned how to hunt with those decoys, there is a lot more than just sticking a decoy in a field and think birds are always just going to be tripping themselves to get to you. As part of this you need to learn a turkeys body language and what it means, a tipped head on an approaching bird, snood, wing position flap/fold and more, dominance within a flock and what bird you are working. These are all skills I believe you need to learn and not just with decoys... It is part of the hunt, I know those that don't/won't use a decoy miss on some of those subtleties of a turkey. I for one have used a "Strutter Decoy" and put to use what I have learned about turkeys and has given me great success in using it, I won't get in to numbers but if I have dekes out a strutter is almost always the game plan and a jake is the fall back (run & gun hunts).

MK M GOBL

Where do you give the seminars?  What if someone is a long ways away from there?