only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

3" Hevi 13

Started by Turkey Terror, April 08, 2011, 09:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwnforce

mossy835

Davisd9
No one should steam roll you or criticize you for your post. You are not attacking anyone your are giving your thoughts on a sport we enjoy and elect to pursue. Others will post their thoughts on how they approach the target be it pellet count or dense killing pattern and the result is the same a clean kill on a TURKEY. If someone wants to score as many hits as can be scored I say more power to them and if like myself I am more concerned with holes in the pattern then that is my way of thinking but both are right for the individual person. This site is for learning and exchanging information and a darn good site it is. I have had a lot of help and information from many members here and will continue to participate. Please do not back off as it is not personal from 90% of the members here and written text is not the same as a phone conversation. Enjoy the site and ask away or post your ideas if some one does not like the post most likely they will not comment.

dpittman

IMO FWIW, if you are setting up a gun to shoot 40+ you will have a tight pattern up close so a miss is a miss whether you are shooting Pb or HTL. If I set my gun up for a 50 yard max then I want to see at least 200 hits at 40. So counting holes can be somewhat important. IME at 20 yards they are all so tight there really is very little "wiggle room"

Mallards Only

davisd9,
I gotta admit, I couldn't agree more.  I have done the tweeking and gotten caught up in the competition to put >200 in a 10" circle.  After a red dot sight, barrel polishing, and an IC choke along with countless loads to find the best one, I finally found the right combo.  Sometimes, we allow our testosterone filled chest thumping to overcome reason.  First turkey I went to shoot, I flinched slightly and sent the pattern anywhere but where it was intended.  Luckily, I got a second chance and killed him.  I killed countless turkeys over the years with a factory full choke and 2 3/4" copper-plated lead 6's.  Sometimes, too tight is too much of a good thing.  I'm not going to shoot a turkey beyond 40 yds.  A nice even distributed pattern is better than one the size of a basketball.