turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

3" Hevi 13

Started by Turkey Terror, April 08, 2011, 09:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkey Terror

What are all of the lot #s from the 2011 batch for 3" Hevi-13 2oz 6s?
Thanks,
Colton

Cutt

The 3in. 2oz. 6's I got this year had the lot # 200918.

Turkey Terror

are you guy having problems with just the 3.5" loads? or is it all Hevi 13 loads?

allaboutshooting

I'm frankly not seeing any differences in any of the Hevi-13 shells that I shoot either #6 shot or #7 shot. I shoot mainly  3" in 12 gauge guns and 3" in 20 gauge guns.

Since I shoot in still target competition, I shoot literally hundreds of these, and other shells each year, in practice and competition. Not every pattern is identical and some are always better than others, regardless of brand but they've been shooting the same for the last several  years for me.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

BigPeck215

unless a person is shooting the under the same EXACT conditions as they were last year you are comparing apples to oranges not apples to apples

allaboutshooting

Quote from: BigPeck215 on April 10, 2011, 01:14:04 PM
unless a person is shooting the under the same EXACT conditions as they were last year you are comparing apples to oranges not apples to apples

Agreed.

Thanks,
Clark

lking

Clark, if you choose to bury your head in the sand and deny that there is any load\component change in the 3 inch shells, that is up to you.  Perhaps you haven't seen any change.  Lucky you.  Fantastic.  Please don't deny others that have.  I read your humble posts as a sign of disbelief.  I've fired enough to know, without a doubt, there is a change is some of the 3" Hevi 7s.  I'm a science teacher so I've made darn sure to take the variables out of the equation.  Consider yourself lucky, but please don't shun the results of others with your smugness.

My apologies if I've taken the written text the wrong way.

Gobble!

Quote from: lking on April 10, 2011, 08:40:32 PM
Clark, if you choose to bury your head in the sand and deny that there is any load\component change in the 3 inch shells, that is up to you.  Perhaps you haven't seen any change.  Lucky you.  Fantastic.  Please don't deny others that have.  I read your humble posts as a sign of disbelief.  I've fired enough to know, without a doubt, there is a change is some of the 3" Hevi 7s.  I'm a science teacher so I've made darn sure to take the variables out of the equation.  Consider yourself lucky, but please don't shun the results of others with your smugness.

Thats well said. I saw a pattern drop of 99 pellets at 40 yards with this years lot #300487 3.5" 2.25oz #7s.  Even last years shells at 30 degrees patterned better then this years 300847s at 55 degrees.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: lking on April 10, 2011, 08:40:32 PM
Clark, if you choose to bury your head in the sand and deny that there is any load\component change in the 3 inch shells, that is up to you.  Perhaps you haven't seen any change.  Lucky you.  Fantastic.  Please don't deny others that have.  I read your humble posts as a sign of disbelief.  I've fired enough to know, without a doubt, there is a change is some of the 3" Hevi 7s.  I'm a science teacher so I've made darn sure to take the variables out of the equation.  Consider yourself lucky, but please don't shun the results of others with your smugness.

No offense taken, none intended and no apology necessary. I can only state what I've seen and experienced over the last several years. I shoot all year at my range and in competition from April through November each year. I see lots of different patterns, both from my guns and from the guns of those that I shoot with in matches all over. We all see that.

At times, patterns are better than others, regardless of what shells we shoot. We find some locations where every year patterns are better. Certain months always seem to produce better patterns. We normally see great patterns in August, for example. It may be atmospheric conditions, probably is but who knows?

On a given day I may see some great patterns or some poorer patterns but I just have not seen any consistent differences in the patterns this year from those of the last several years.

Thanks,
Clark

hookedspur

I almost hate to post this but Clark I have not had a pellet count drop either with this years loads (H13) and I have 2- 5 box orders all from the same place . I dint have the lot #s .
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

WyoHunter

Although some of you may see a difference in the number of pellets in your patterns on paper I seriously doubt you'll see any difference in killing effectiveness when shot at a turkey IMO.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Meats

Where is the lot# on the box???

chcltlabz

Quote from: hookedspur on April 10, 2011, 11:46:24 PM
I almost hate to post this but Clark I have not had a pellet count drop either with this years loads (H13) and I have 2- 5 box orders all from the same place . I dint have the lot #s .

Me neither.  Some shot better this year, but I also polished one of my guns.  I only shoot 3 inch, so I guess you can put me up on one of the crosses too.
A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

mossy835

Just got home from Cabala's and noticed something with the HM13 3 inch #7 shot shells they had there. Four boxes were labeled 1.5/8 oz not 2.0 oz. The boxes were clearly marked for both loads but the lighter loads had a taped on funny label like they were a buy out and they were marked down. Just saying there are different amounts of shot in the two loads on the same shelf (yes they were separated). The load amount was from Environ metals not the store but the labels were real weird?

davisd9

I will probably get steam rolled for this, but I do not pattern my turkey gun to see how many holes I get in a 10" circle at 40 yards.  I pattern my gun to make sure I know its effective range so that I can make a clean and ethical kill on an animal I love to hunt.  Some guys worry so much about how many holes they get in 10" and complain that they dropped from 300 to 225, well 225 will kill a turkey just as grave yard dead as 300, and I would rather have it in a hunting situation because it gives me room for error at 15 yards.  I have that gun, choke, and load to kill a turkey, not to count holes in a piece of paper.  Is is fun to see how well my gun can do? Of course it is but I do not hunt with the shells that can put up 250 - 325 holes at 45 yards, I hunt with shells that put 200 or a few more in a circle and would be just as happy with 150 of an even pattern at 40 yards.  I do not want a 60 yard turkey gun.  I want him close where I know that I beat him at the game he is so good at.  Will I kill less turkeys?  Yes! Will I enjoy it more? Yes.  Sorry to get on a wild hair but I am just tired of people complaining cause all they can get is 250 holes in 10".  How less dead is a turkey hit with a pattern that is 100 hits in 10" than one that is hit with a pattern that is 300 hits in 10"?   Sorry to offend anyone but this is my opinion and I will keep my thoughts to myself about this subject from here on out.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer