OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Strutters showing up

Started by MDSTRUTNRUT, March 01, 2017, 10:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDSTRUTNRUT

Last 2 weeks with this mild weather (75 today)has birds around me (Maryland ES)  coming out to the fields that are greening up FAST!   Strutters having fun and showing off.   Havent seen birds in this field for weeks but today I rolled in to check my cam and there he was with his girfriends, cam showed strutting yesterday too.   Cold snap coming this weekend but looks like an early spring around here.

Greg Massey

Nice, birds are showing up more this year in Tennessee.. Looks like a better season ....

turkeywhisperer935

I'm worried we're going to miss it all this year in Tennessee. Seems like they're starting early and season is still a month out. They're already screaming they're heads off.

SteelerFan

ncwoodsman

Quote from: turkeywhisperer935 on March 02, 2017, 04:06:54 AM
I'm worried we're going to miss it all this year in Tennessee. Seems like they're starting early and season is still a month out. They're already screaming they're heads off.

I was thinking the same thing. Seems like everything is a month early this year even with fishing. I'm already catching nice Bass in the shallows here in NC which I typically do in April due to this warm weather.

snapper1982

Been strutting and gobbling all fall and winter here.

MDSTRUTNRUT

Gobble and strut some here in winter too but not everyday.  Now that the fields are greenin up gobblers showing all day, mostly still in big flocks but starts my blood pumping!

MDSTRUTNRUT

Daughter been takin a few pix this week

husker

We've had an extremely warm winter in eastern Nebraska this year.  I've been seeing strutters for the past few weeks.  Looks like things have moved up a bit this season.  Can't wait until 3/26. 

1iagobblergetter

Wow those are some great pics. Has me pumped up even more after seeing them.

turkaholic

By this point I would normally have been hearing gobbling, but this year we are will behind. Went out this morning 19 degrees at least 12" of snow pack with 2" of ice on top. Didn't hear a thing, go figure. Come on spring!
live to hunt hunt to live

mgm1955

beagler

It's going to be 7 degrees here in the morning, still have about 20" of snow down. I can't wait for a warmup!
Never Misses