OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

some of your favorite calls from lesser mentioned callmakers

Started by scoot12, February 28, 2017, 02:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoot12

I know this has been brought up before, but just wanted opinions of callmakers out there that don't get enough credit.  My favorate is a persimmon slate from a callmaker named Eddie Wynne.  Has more of a old school sound but love it.

Happy hooker

Darryl Helm makes a really nice little box call that sounds good with a medium and young hen sound not scratchy and in some cool styles.
You can snag these on eBay for $20-$25 regularly.

fenderhunt4

I have several calls by the late Bill Mullens in Ohio. "County Line Game Galls" He made some beautiful and good resonating calls.

Daddy rat

Jeff White makes some great long and short boxes, got 3rd place in Nashville few weeks back

JHoyle

Spring King Calls. Local call maker and his calls are full of turkey. I have an aluminum call that I wouldn't take 1000$ for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HFultzjr

I have a box call from Ernie Moyer in PA. Nothing to look at, but it sure talks turkey.
:gobble:

letinmfly

Tim Cosby from Al.  He makes really good slate and glass calls or as he likes to call them... instruments!!
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

Jgarrett

Quote from: letinmfly on February 28, 2017, 08:59:48 PM
Tim Cosby from Al.  He makes really good slate and glass calls or as he likes to call them... instruments!!
Agree...and Karl Lausman....mahogany and walnut pots.
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida