turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

full size 20 ga 870

Started by Big Willie, February 27, 2017, 10:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Willie

I have found a full size 870 with a 26 inch barrel   Got a couple questions. It is wood how much longer is the stock than the stock on a youth 870.   Have any of you guys shot the 20 ga with a 26 just wanted to know how it patterns.  Having hard time finding a used youth model.

Greg Massey

Keep looking for a youth, you don't want that gun...Reason for building the youth is cutting weight , shorter barrel for moving around and with adding other items you will just be a lot more happy with the youth...Youth has a smaller frame than the old full size 20 gauge...

Izzyjoe

Now do you have a wingmaster 20ga. on the 12ga frame, or an express with the standard length stock? If you have the express 26" they shoot very well, now I you have the full size 870 I would just put it up somewhere, cause those are great dove guns!

Big Willie

looking at buying it I believe it is the express

Izzyjoe

I'm sorry, I thought you owned it. You won't go wrong with an 870 express, there is a lot of options for them, and they are a great shotgun!

PEHunter

I shoot a plain 870 express with 26" barrel and really like. It shoots very well with my setup. Search my post in the pattern section and you can find the setup.  I carried an 835 previously, so the 870 was a big weight difference to me.  I don't have a problem with the full size gun. The LOP is shorter than my 835 which I like much better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

jordanz7935

I have an 870 youth. The only difference in the gun your looking at is the youth has a 21" barrel and a shorter stock. The stock on the youth model is too short for most guys, they usually upgrade to a full size stock like the shurshot or ive seen a few guys put a slip on recoil pad to increase LOP.That gun will work just fine and with a 26" barrel it would be a great all purpose gun that would do well shooting skeet or in the duck blind. Greg Massey, remington stopped making the large framed 20 ga 870(12 ga frame) in the early 1970's. Im not sure why you bring up the whole "large frame issue" on every post that asks about a 870 20 ga youth, I know your trying to help, but your just confusing people.  :z-dizzy:

Greg Massey

Quote from: jordanz7935 on March 03, 2017, 04:50:48 PM
I have an 870 youth. The only difference in the gun your looking at is the youth has a 21" barrel and a shorter stock. The stock on the youth model is too short for most guys, they usually upgrade to a full size stock like the shurshot or ive seen a few guys put a slip on recoil pad to increase LOP.That gun will work just fine and with a 26" barrel it would be a great all purpose gun that would do well shooting skeet or in the duck blind. Greg Massey, remington stopped making the large framed 20 ga 870(12 ga frame) in the early 1970's. Im not sure why you bring up the whole "large frame issue" on every post that asks about a 870 20 ga youth, I know your trying to help, but your just confusing people.  :z-dizzy:
Reason i post that is to be sure people know the old saddle mounts want fit the new models ...Lot of people run saddles and want to know which ones fit the new frame youth 20 gauge...hope this ans , your question...