turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

palmers or harrisons hoot tube?

Started by slave601, February 10, 2011, 02:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jbird22

I have both Palmer's and have heard the Harrison. My vote is for the Harrison HANDS DOWN!!!

Skeeterbait

I own both.  I can get more volume from the Palmers and it has acceptable tone.  The Harrison sounds more authentic though hand down.

Jbird22

Quote from: Skeeterbait on February 10, 2011, 08:44:53 PM
I own both.  I can get more volume from the Palmers and it has acceptable tone.  The Harrison sounds more authentic though hand down.

You're right. The Palmer's is more than acceptable indeed but as far a realism is concerned the Harrison is ahead of the game.

simpzenith

Almost every Owl Hooting contest I attend, the Hoot n Stick is in the hands of the top three finishers. That says it all! 

slawman

wilks

simpzenith

jake slayer

Was in the market for a new hooter & this thread answered my questions

Gobble!

i went from palmers to harrison and im glad i did

TANK

I read over the comments and could have missed the answer to my question. What does the Harrison have that the Palmers doesn't. I have a Palmers and like it out of what I have heard so far, but I haven't heard a Harrison yet. I have been considering getting one.

wildcat14

I like the palmers.  I've never heard how a harrisons sounds

Executioner

Quote from: TANK on February 13, 2011, 12:08:28 PM
I read over the comments and could have missed the answer to my question. What does the Harrison have that the Palmers doesn't. I have a Palmers and like it out of what I have heard so far, but I haven't heard a Harrison yet. I have been considering getting one.
Realism. God bless.
"Confidence in your God given abilities adds more turkeys to your daily limit" Mike Miller "The Turkey Killer" Take delight in the LORD, and He will give you your hearts desires. Psalm 37:4

ncturkey

I would vote for the Harrison Hoot'n Stick. They has made a change in there barrel design since I got mine. It is suppose be even louder and better. They have three different models to choose from too. I went from the HS Strut Palmer Hooter to the Hook's Hootin Stick and never looked back. Get a Harrison and you will be happy.

beardcollector

I don't know how you guys can say the Harrison Hootin tube is better. Yeah the tone is good but is has no volume to it. I bought one for me and my buddy this past Xmas and I was completely disappointed. I'm sticking with my Palmer's hoot tube on stage and in the spring woods. Idk, I got the cheaper model, maybe the more expensive ones are louder? I already wasted $30  and don't want to find out.

harvester

I should have a Hoot n Stick Monday, so I will have to give the two a try and see which one is better. I will let you know my answer.