OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Loftis Crystal Screamer Double Barrel

Started by Blairj, February 27, 2017, 01:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blairj

Loftis new Crystal Screamer with slate on the backside.  Anyone had any experience with this call compared to the original? Ordered one to run through the woods this year.   

bunk

First I've heard of it. Had one of the originalsame and traded it off. Regret it and been thinking of getting another. If you can post some pics when you get it. I would like to see it.

scoot12

davisd9

Bet it is a great call. Would love to play one as I love the original screamer. Wonder if the slate will mellow the sound?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Bowhuntr73

The camo dip with slate back side has me intrigued. The original is a keeper!!

Rzrbac

One of these days I'm gonna get a crystal screamer. Just got to hunt some new calls first and see which one it will replace.

mote1977

Yeah,  I'm gonna need one of those...
The original is my favorite hunting call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blairj

I was trying to decide between the new kid on the block or the ol tried and true.  I'll more then likely end up with both along with a couple chatterboxes when it's all said and done from everything I've read about the Original.  I spoke with David about the call and he said you get the sound of the original Screamer but with the option of using the slate for some sweet soft close in work.  He also mentioned that with the Screamer you had to palm it to get its full potential and with the Double Barrel you can more or less play it anyway ( knee, leg, fingertips).  I will post some pics as soon as I get it along with my Chatterbox.  Should be eow.

Jgarrett

John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

rbreedi1

I need another call like I need a hole in the head haha.. nice looking call, always wanted a crystal screamer, this one seems like a great upgrade!
Thunder Ridge Totes

scoot12

The crystal screamer sure has its own unique sound,  craftsmenship is awesome on it as well

SwampRooster17

I'm gonna have to go by David's and give it a run. Really like my original screamer!

Smooth_Operator

The original is one call that I can truly say I will never get rid of. It has been a killer for years now.

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

Tennessee Lead

I had intended to order a Crystal Screamer before season opened this year. I'm probably going to hold off for a while might try for both of them now lol